2 cups Chicken or veg stock
3 nos. Egg yolks
1 cup Milk
1/8 tsp Black pepper
4 tbsps Butter or margarine
1/4 tsp Salt
How to make mushroom soup:
• Melt the butter in a pan, add the mushrooms and cook them for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
• Add the chicken or vegetable stock, raise the heat and bring to a boil.
• Remove the mushroom mixture from the heat.
• Beat 1/2 cup of hot broth with the egg yolks until the mixture becomes frothy.
• Gradually pour this mixture into the mushroom mixture, stirring constantly to prevent the mixture from curdling.
• Return the pan to the heat and add the milk, salt and pepper.
• Reheat uncovered, stirring constantly, but do not let the soup boil.
• Serve the mushroom soup hot