Pongal is a Four-days- Long Harvest festival Celebrated in Tamil Nadu, a Southern State of India. For as Long as people have been planting & gathering food, there has been some form of harvest festival. Pongal one of the most important popular Hindu Festivals of the year. This Four-day Festival of thanksgiving to nature takes its name from the Tamil word meaning “To Boil” and is held int he month of Thai(Jan -Feb) during the season when rice, sugar-cane, turmeric…. are harvested.
Here comes the most important dish for this festival.. it’s sarkarai ponagl…
Moong Dhal- 3/4 cup
Raw Rice- 1 cup
Jaggery- 1 cup
Cardomom- 2 nos
Milk- 1 cup
Nuts & Raisins- 2tsp
Coconut- 3 tsp
* Cook moong dhal & Raw Rice with 5 cups of water for 3 whistles in medium flame
* Heat the pan with ghee fry the nuts & Raisins.. Add the Coconut
* Add the Jaggery & Cardamom, put 1/2 cup water to form the Jaggery water..
* Add the Cooked Rice & Dhal to the sweet water
* Add a cup of milk to the mix & cook well till the water gets dries up
* Yumm it’s ready….
Ingredients u need to take.. don’t forget to take coconut as i did
Moong dhal & Raw rice boiled
Heat the pan with ghee fry the nuts & Raisins.. Add the Coconut
Add the Jaggery & Cardamom, put 1/2 cup water to form the Jaggery water..Add the Cooked Rice & Dhal to the sweet water
Add a cup of milk to the mix & cook well till the water gets dries up
(Visited 19 times, 1 visits today)