Kasi Halwa/ White Poosanikai Halwa
Two versions are there with milk and with out milk… i agree milk gives the rich taste to sweets so did this with milk version…. also food color is purely your choice if you dont want the artificial color skip it….
Ghee and sugar here i quoted a basic scale for 1 cup pumpkin… if you want to add more to enhance the taste then no issues go ahead with ghee and sugar to more rich version…. though i used 4 tsp of ghee, i didnt see any greasy appearance…. come lets move to the recipe…
* Heat the kadai with 1 tsp of ghee and fry the grated pumpkin..
* After few mins the pumpkin color will get change.. add the pumpkin juice that you take out in grating time..
* Once the pumpkin gets cooked, then add in the milk…
* Let the pumpkin cook till the water dries up…
* Add in the Sugar, color, Cardamom powder..
* Give them a good mix and in the mean while add some dollop of ghee to halwa..
* Here you’ll see the water gets dries up quickly ..
* Finally they’ll stick out from the sides of the pan and roll like a ball
* In a separate pan heat the ghee and fry the cashews..
* Garnish them over to the Halwa..
* As this Veg is an Water sacked one dont discard the water.. keep it safe and add it to the second step as mentioned above…
* Adding Ghee and Sugar is out of your choice here i mentioned the scale level but in halwa no restriction for ghee and sugar…:)
* Adding milk also optional … can be prepared without milk too…. these make some rich taste to halwa..