Vegetable Biryani is not a regular dish in our home.. but after trying this method.. i make this for every week for lunch box.. this is easy to do..
I love one pot meals..you can see in my page there is a good collection of one pot meals… that makes my day painful… just giving excuses to preparing curry..:) not only here it takes a healthy walk with these…. some vegetables are added in the diet “a small satisfaction”..preparing biryani is a wide collection like dum biryani, Hyderabad biryani, Ambur biryani, Thalapa kattu biryani… all i know is taking an easy twist with the name biryani… sure i’ll try them and give the easy tips to make them.. now with the recipe, vegetable biryani in pressure cooker method…:)
Basmathi Rice- 1 cup
Green Peas- 1/2 cup(If you use the frozen one then soak it for over night)
Vegetables- 1 cup(Carrot, beans, Potatoes)
Onion sliced- 1
Ginger Garlic paste- 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder- 1/4 tsp
Mint leaves and coriander leaves- a handful chopped
Ghee/oil- 2 tsp
Cinnamon- 1 inch
Cardamon- 2 nos
Cloves- 2 nos
Star anise- 1/2
Green chillie 1-2
Mint leaves- 4 spring
Coriander leaves- 3 springs
* Grab all the ingredients first.
* Take the ingredients to grind in a mixer, grind them to a smooth paste.
* Heat the kadai with ghee/ oil.. fry the whole spices..
* Saute the onions till they turn pink color.
*Add in the Ginger Garlic paste and fry for few mins..
* Add the Grind-ed paste and cook till they separates the oil..
* Add the turmeric powder, chopped vegetables and green peas.
*Add the soaked drained fried rice…[Soak the rice for for 10 mins, drain them and fry it in 1 tsp of ghee/oil to remove the moisture]
* Mix them well.. add 1 1/2 cups of water and throw the chopped coriander and mint leaves in..
* Pressure cook it for 2 whistles.
* Just release the Pressure and Poke the rice with forks and again close the lid for 15 mins with weight..
“Simple Vegetable Biryani in pressure cooker is ready to yummm…” Can be served with raita