Kathirikai Theyal/Brinjal curry
Tamarind- small Lemon size ball
Coconut- 1/4 cup
Methi/ Fenugreek Seeds- 1/4 tsp
Red chillie powder- 1tsp
Coriander powder- 1tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Sambar powder(Home made/Store bought)- 3/4 tsp
* Peel the pearl onions and Chop them, chop the tomatoes, Crush 2 garlic pods
* Put the Tamarind in 1 cup of boiling water to squeeze the extract.
* Cube the Brinjal and soak in water.. to avoid color changing.
* Dry roast all the ingredients in the Roast and Grind table.. in medium flame for 4-5 mins..
* Make it cool and Grind to a fine paste.. it should in buttery…
* Heat the Pressure pan with Oil, temper it with mustard, methi seeds, urad dhal and curry leaves.
* Saute the onions for few mins add in the crushed garlic and garlic pods in it..
* Add in the Chopped Tomatoes and cook for 3-4 mins.
* Add in the Cubed Brinjal and Saute for 5 more mins in medium flame.
* Add the Grounded Paste, salt, and tamarind water..
* Cover the Pressure Cooker and cook it for 1 whistle..
Kathirikai Theyal/ Brinjal curry