Munthiri Kothu is a unique festival sweet from kanyakumari District.. the other name is payarram Paniyaaram(பயற்றம்பணியாரம்), Hope you all like this traditional recipe.. Let me know how it turned for you..
* Dry Roast the Coconut Till it turn dark brown, make sure not to butn it… this Keeps the munthiri kothu for long life…
* Coarse the Fried Green Gram first..
* Remove the dust(Outer cover)… Again coarse it to a powder.. not to fine it should in rawa consistency.
* Take the Cardamon, Dry Ginger.. Grind it to a fine powder.
* Take the grated Janggrey Cover it with water..
* Boil it, first remove the dust then make this to thick syrup.. no need to take the one string consistency..
* Take the Green Gram powder, Fried Coconut, Cardamon dry Ginger Powder in a mixing bowl.
* Add the Janggrey syrup and mix them..
* Make even size balls as soon possible the syrup is hot..
* Cover it with a cotton cloth and dry the balls for 3 days..
* Take the Rice flour, Maida, Turmeric, Salt mix the batter by adding water
* Heat the kadai with oil, dip the balls in the batter and deep fry it in hot oil..
* Turn once to give a chance for the other side.