Manathakkali Keerai Poriyal
Manathakkali Keerai/Black night shade berry in English/ Kaachi soopu in kanada, a common greeny in south Tamilnadu.. Very good source of vitamins and minerals.. it has some bitter taste dont mind it.. good for health..
After 2-3 years i had the chance to see this in a road side shop.. craved to buy this and at the same day i cooked the poriyal… was good with Roti, Rice and Parupu curry.. Lets go on to the recipe.. do try and let me know how it turns for you..:)
Manathakkali keerai- 1 bunch
Pearl Onion- 5-6 nos
Green chillie- 1 nos
Coconut- 2 tsp grated
Oil- 2 tsp
Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
Jeera- 1/2 tsp
Urad dhal- 1 tsp
Channa dhal- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
1. Wash the spinach in running water, drain the water and chop the leaves, Chop the pearl onions.
2. Heat the kadai with oil, Temper the mustard, Jeera, Channa dhal and urad dhal, saute the Onions for few mins, add in the green chillie.
3. Add the Cleaned chopped spianach followed by salt and turmeric powder.
4. Cover and cook this for 3-4 mins.. mix them up and top it with grated Coconut.
1. Must clean the spinach in running water.
2. The spinach had some bitter taste.. very good source to recover the mouth ulcer.
(Visited 86 times, 1 visits today)