Chakka Prathaman/JackFruit Halwa/ Chakka Varrati
Chakka Prathaman/Chakka Varrati/Jackfruit Halwa, a Staple recipe of kerala & it’s a preserved form of jackfruit, Summer Starts all around India & im happy of jackfruit, mangoes all favorite seasonal fruits will avail in market…
My Mom do this in a big batch we use it after the jackfruit season for 3,4 months by making kheer of this Halwa/Varrati/Prathaman.. will update the jackfruit kheer recipe soon..:) this stands in refrigerator for more than 6 months, yummy, extremely delicious, recipe its.. even those who dont like the smell of jackfruit will love this, it takes some time to do but a simple one.. will go with the recipe, do try and let me know how it turns for you..:)
Preparation time- 30 mins
Cooking Time- 45 mins
Jack fruit- 3 cups
Jaggery- 3/4 cup
Ghee- 2-3 tsps
Cashews- 1 tsp
* Clean the Jackfruit, de-seed and blend them in mixer to a smooth paste.
* Heat the Jaggery with 1/2 cup of water, till they dissolve cook it up.. set this aside & strain to remove the impurities in it..
* Heat a heavy bottomed pan with 2 tsps of ghee, add teh purred jackfruit, cook in medium flame for 10 – 15 mins by stir this continuously, at first it takes the ghee and in final stage it ooze out the ghee.. now add the Strained Jaggery water, mix em up..
* At first it look like a moisture’d mix, again cook this for 15 mins in medium flame, by stir this continuously.
* Now raise the flame and cook this for 10 to 15 mins, the quantity shrink and they form a mass consistency without sticking to the pan.. & it’ll comes out with pretty Golden color[Halwa color]
* All Done and top with Cashews..
* Taking puree can be skipped, by chopping the jackfruit, it takes more time to chop and to cook also.
* This can be preserved more than 6 months.
* Choose fresh and fleshy jackfruit to taste more.
“Chakka Prathaman/JackFruit Halwa/ Chakka Varrati”