Drumstick Puli Kuzhambu
Tamarind curry with different vegetables, with or without coconuts they taste yumm.. and one of my favorite combo with steamed rice, to have a light meal in vegetarian..
Love to have this yummy curry with some papdas and pickles… this drumstick puli kuzhambu is a low fat version, prepared without coconut.. as you all know, this is the tough deal to me.. doing the curry without coconut..:P now got another curry in it, Adapted from Tickling Plates… Lets see the Recipe, do try and let me know how it turns for you..:)
Preparation time-10 mins
Cooking Time- 20 mins
Drumstick- 2 nos
Pearl onion- a handful
Garlic- 4 pods crushed
Gingely oil- 4 tsp
Mustard- 1/2 tsp
Methi seeds/Venthayam- 1/2 tsp
Hing- a pinch
Curry leaves- 2 springs
Tamarind paste- 2 tsp
Sambar powder- 1 tsp
Chillie powder- 1 tsp
Corriander powder- 2 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
* Heat the kadai with oil, splutter the mustard seeds and methi seeds, fry the crushed garlic till the flavor comes.
* Saute the onions and curry leaves for few mins, add in the Tomatoes..
* Add the Drumstick with salt, cover and cook this for 4-5 mins in medium flame, then add all the spice powders (Sambar powder, chillie powder, Corriander powder, Turmeric powder, hing) to this..
* Mix them well and cook it for 2 mins.. add in the tamarind juice..( i diluted the tamarind pulp with a cup of water).
* Mix them well and allow this to boil in high for 2-3 mins.
* Put the flame to medium and cook till they separate the oil..
* If you use More tamarind then reduce the tomato, adjust the sour taste in tomato and tamarind..
* Sambar powder is optional.
* Using Gingely Oil enhance the taste and flavor..
“Drumstick Puli Kuzhambu”