Motichoor Ladoo/Moti Choor Ladoo, one of the delicious Indian Sweets, festival seasons will never end without motichoor ladoo..
Before doing this i browsed in Aarthi’s Yummy Tummy Page and Jeyashri’s Kitchen Page, An easy version of ladoo.. today is the last working day for Jess babe.. thats the reason behind to prepare the delicious sweet, he loves sweets much.. he demand sweets, desserts all the time.. , Coming to Motichoor Ladoo..These Ladoos are made of small sized boondhi’s, with pretty Orange color… Thirupathi ladoo reminds the same.. i dont have the knowledge of thirupathi Ladoo’s, i read in a magazine… lets see the recipe, do try and let me know how it turns for you
Preparation time- 20 mins
Cooking Time- 30 mins
Serves- 12- 15 pieces
Besan Flour/Kadalai mavu- 1 cup
Sooji/Rava- 2 tsp
Sugar- 1 cup
Orange Food color- 1/4 tsp
Baking Soda- a pinch
Saffron- few strands
Almonds- 3 nos(Chopped finely)
Rose Water- 1 tsp
Cashews- 3 nos
Cardamon powder- 1 tsp or crush 1 pc
* Sieve besan flour, and sooji.. if need crush the sooji in mixer..
* Take the Sugar with saffron and cardamon in a pan, boil it till the sugar get dissolves, make the flame to simmer and boil it for 8-10mins till one string condition.
*Check the sugar syrup, take the sugar syrup in your thumb finger and index finger it should form one string between the fingers.. keep the sugar syrup aside..
* Heat the Kadi with oil, use boodi plate or small holed ladle for this step, i used my holed ladle, drop the batter over the ladle and let the drop lets flow in hot oil.. take the boondhi’s immediately, dont allow them to cook till crisp, take them out when they softly cooked.
* Drain the boondi’s from oil and add them to the sugar syrup.. mix them well in the syrup.
* Grind the Boondhi’s in the mixer with some cashews..
* Add Rose water to the mix, grease your hands with ghee and shape out the ladoos.