Once i thought of my early cooking stage, over phone i’ll ask recipes to mom, MIL, that’s the only thing behind this post, its for beginners.. it’s a simple preparation, most of the veg restaurant serves this combo… really this the best accomplishment for the deep fried Indian Bread “Poori“, Jess babe Love this when i packed Poori and Poori masala in his box, he enjoy much to have this..Lets see the recipe..:)
Preparation time-15 mins
Cooking Time- 10 mins
Potato- 1 large
Oil- 2 tsp
Mustrard- 1/2 tsp
Jeera- 1/2 tsp
Channa dhal – 1 tsp
Onion- 1 finely chopped
Garlic- 1 -tsp crushed
Green chillie- 2 nos
Curry leaves- 1 spring
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
Hing- a pinch
Salt- 1/2 tsp
* Cube the potatoes, pressure cook this for 2 whistles, make it cool peel of the skin and mash it.
* Fully mash two three pcs and roughly mash the others.., heat the pan with oil, temper with mustard, jeera and channa dhal.
* Add the finely chopped onions and saute for 2 mins in medium flame, add the crushed garlic and saute this for few mins.
* Add the Green chillies, Curry leaves to it, next the mashed potatoes.
* Add the turmeric powder, Salt and hing to this, sprinkle 2 tsp of water over the mixture and stir this.
* Prefer Fresh Potato for poori masala
* Can add water to avoid the dry preparation.
* Ginger also add for additional flavor.
* Can add some carrot, beans, green peas to increase the quantity.