First time i did a sweet dish with American Sweet Corn..:) So happy of the Result… whenever i buy this American sweet Corn Kernel, i’ll go with A simple recipe its Butter sweet corn.
Many of you have some idea about Butter Sweet Corn, its common street food in bangalore streets.. when i check my booklets i got this delicious recipe of Mrs. Malika Badrinath, The ingredients attracted much.. see Kova, Condensed Milk, Saffron, Desiccated Coconut,Safron, All Rich combination gives a Rich taste for this Payasam..
We all loved it till the last drop of kheer… also such an easy method to feed your kids.. my kid will not chew the corn, So its the best for him..:) Here We go with the Recipe, Do try and let me know how it turns for you..
Recipe Source- Mrs.S. Mallika Badrinath
Preparation time- 20 mins
Cooking Time- 30 mins
American Sweet Corn- 1 cup(Peeled)
Sugar- 1/2 cup
kova(Sugar less Palkova)- 50 gms
Condensed Mik- 2 tsp
Desiccated Coconut- 2 tsp
Saffron- a pinch
Raisins/Dry Grapes- 2 tsp
Ghee- 2 tsp
Cashews- 2 tsps
* Clean the Sweet Corn, peel them. Add 1 cup of milk to it and pressure cook the Sweet corn
* Make it cool and Grind them in Mixer.
* Here is the other ingredients… Add the rest milk to the sweet corn paste in a heavy bottom pan.
* Bring this to boil, Add in the Condensed milk, sugar to it. keep in low flame after adding the sugar.. cook this for 5 mins in low flame till the sugar get dissolves.
* Add the Kova, Desiccated Coconut and Saffron string, again keep in low flame and cook this for 5 mins.
“Sweet Corn Payasam/ Sweet Corn Kheer”