Mushroom Peas Kuruma/Mushroom Peas Curry
Mushroom Peas kuruma, packed with a aromatic Rich flavor.. this taste more than veg kuruma.. best go with Roti, Pulav..
There is a grand welcome for mushroom curry here.. usually i’ll prepare Mushroom Mattar masala a normal north Indian Curry.. when i was googling for new taste with mushroom peas combo, got inspired this recipe from vegrecipes.. when reading the recipe i feel the taste and aroma from that page.. and it turns yum in my kitchen.. every one loved this and this is one of our regular curry here..Coconut and Cashew, gives a creamy rich taste to this curry.. Lets go with the Curry, do try and let me know how it turns for you..
Preparation time- 15 mins
Cooking Time- 20-25 mins
Green peas- 1 cup
Oil- 2 tsp*
Mustard- 1/2 tsp
Jeera/Cumin- 1/2 tsp
Urad dhal- 1/2 tsp
Methi seeds/Venthayam/Fenugreek- 1/4 tsp
Onion- 1/2 cup chopped
Ginger Garlic paste- 1 tsp
Curry leaves- 1 spring
Tomato- 1 small
Chillie powder- 1 tsp
Coriander powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Graham masala- 1/2 tsp
Coconut- 1/2 cup
Cashews- 6-8 nos
* Clean the Mushroom and chop it.. Boil the green peas and drain them reserve the stock for the curry..[i boiled peas in microwave, take the peas in a microwave safe bowl with some water keep in high for 4-5 mins]
* Heat a tsp of oil in a pan, fry the mushrooms.. they release some water and cook with in 4-5 mins in medium flame.
* Heat the Kadai with oil, temper with Mustars, jeera, methi seeds, urad dhal.. saute the onion till they turn transparent.. add in the Ginger garlic paste and saute well.
* Add the Chopped Tomatoes and Curry Leaves in it.. cook till they mushed well.. add in the Chillie powder, coriander powder, Turmeric powder and Graham masala with some salt..
* Mix well and cook this for 3 mins in medium flame to remove the raw smell of the masala, Add in the Grind-ed paste[Coconut + Cashews]
* Add the Stock[Peas Stock], to the the gravy and bring this to boil.. Add in the fried mushrooms..
* Add the Cooked green peas and Boil this for 4-5 min..
* Use small size tomato, if its big then use only half.
* If you dont have the fresh green peas then soak the frozen peas for 3-4 hours in boiled water, pressure cook the peas..
* No need to add water to cook mushrooms, as they release water and cook in it..
“Mushroom Peas Kuruma”