Got a thought to try this pulao, adapted this recipe from sanjeev kappor’s page.. original recipe has shahi jeera, whole green chillie… i skipped the shahi jeera and grinded the greenchillie along with Ginger and Garlic… Its a must try recipe.. simple and tasty pulao with mutton.. This is the first time im doing this, and it turns yummm.. Lets go with the recipe.. Do try and letme know how it turns for you..
Recipe Source- Sanjeev kapoor
Preparation time- 30 mins
Cooking Time- 1 hour
Basmathi Rice – 1 cup
Mutton- 1/4 kg
Ghee- 3 tsp
Onion- 1 (finely sliced)
Bay leaf- 1
Jeera/Cumin- 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds/Sanuf/Perrinjerragam- 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon- 1 inch
Cardamon- 1 nos
Cloves- 2 nos
Pepper Powder- 3/4 tsp
Sanuf powder/Fennel powder/Perrinjeeraga podi- 1 tsp
Graham masala- 1/2 tsp
Curd- 1/2 cup
Coriander & Mint leaves- 1/4 cup chopped
Green chillie- 2
Garlic- 2-3 pods
Ginger- 1 inch
* Soak the rice for 10 mins.. Start grinding the Green chillie, Ginger, garlic.. heat a pressure cooker with ghee add the chopped, cleaned meat..
* Saute them in ghee, once the color change in the mutton, add the grind-ed paste,Sanuf powder/Fennel powder/Perrinjeeraga podi, Pepper powder, Graham masala to the mutton…
* Mix them well.. add the curd to the mutton… [Adding curd makes the meat soft and they taste better]
* Add 1/4 cup of water, salt to the mutton.. pressure cook this for 3-4 whistles in medium flame..
* Here is the soaked rice.. Now heat the kadai with ghee, temper jeera, fennel seeds, cinnamon,cardamon, bay leaf, cloves.. saute till you get the nice aroma..
* Add the Sliced onoion and cook till they turn translucent.. now add in the cooked meat, cook this till the mixture get dry..
* Add the Mutton masala to the soaked rice, mix them well add 2 cups of water to the rice..i used 1:2 for rice and water.
* Add in the Coriander leaves and mint leaves.. cook this for 2 whistles in high flame..
* Make the mutton pieces to small sized cubes.
* Adjust the green chillie as per your taste.. when you check for the first time.. green chilli ewill not much hot.. after few minutes you’ll feel the real hotness of the chillie.. have to careful in using green chillie.
*If you are using Electric Cooker.. just skip the cooker and continue the steps with Electric Cooker.