Pineapple Kesari/Pineapple keasari
Pineapple Kasari/Kesari, im addict to this, even if there is not a season for pineapple, i use pineapple essence to the keasari/Kesari for the divine flavor..
I bought Some good ripped pineapples form our vacation trip.. wisely planned it to use them, previous post was also in pineapple, thats a “Pineapple Upside Down Cake” click over it for the recipe.. now in Pineapple kesari… This dessert will be served in most of the functions in South India, Fruit kesari, Pineapple Kesari, are the Substitution for ordinary Rava keasari .. Other name for this is Pineapple pudding, jess loved it alot, he never know, there is some fruits hidden in the dessert…after that i thought its a kids recipe… always face trouble with him to feed a fruit/veg directly, he never had pineapple alone.. otherwise i should make him a juice.. juice is not possible for all the time.. hope this post will be useful for all mom’s.. Lets Go with the recipe..Do try and let me know how it turns for you..
Preparation time- 10 mins
Cooking Time- 10 mis
Rava/Sooji- 1 cup
Water- 3 cups
Pineapple- 1 cup chopped into bit sized
Sugar- 1/2 – 3/4 cup
Ghee- 3-4 tsp
Cashew nuts- 2 tsp
Raisins- 2 tsp
Food color- 1/4 tsp
* Peel of the Pineapple skin, discard the top and bottom, now peel of the outer layer to remove the thorns, Chop the pineapple to small bit sized pieces, make sure there is no thorns in the pieces..
* Heat the pan with ghee, roast the Cashew nuts and Raisins, roast till the nuts turn to golden color and raisin bulb up.. add in the “Roasted Rava/Sooji” to the pan..
* Mix them well in the ghee, put them in low flame, in the meantime boil 3 cups of water in a sauce pan, Add in the chopped Pineapple Pieces to the boiling water..
* Add a pinch of food color too.. bring the water to boil well..
* Make sure the flame is low, add the boiled water to the Rava/Sooji… Mix them well without forming the clumps..
* Stir the mix and cook till the rava/Sooji get cooked.. add a dollop of ghee to the pan..
* Here the ghee melted and mix them well.. now add in the sugar..
* Give a immediate mix, in this step the rava losses its consistency,stir continuously till the sugar melt and get set to the rava, they form mass like consistency, without sticking the pan they roll off, thats the correct time to off the falme..
* Use Roasted Rava/Sooji.. if you dont have the Roasted Rava/Sooji, Then Roast them in a pan with low heat till the aroma comes out..
* Make sure to add the sugar in the last step, otherwise the rava will not cook properly..
* Addition of ghee or oil, Keep your keasari non sticky..
* After adding the water, carefully cook them, clumps may form and they release some bubbles to absorb the water..
* Adding a crushed Cardamon is optional, i didnt use it here…
* Adjust sugar to your choice..
* Can use Canned Pineapples too..