Sweet Aval/Sweet Poha/Aval with Jaggery
One of my Neighbor prepare this yummy sweet poha.. long time back i collected this recipe and now the time comes to post in blog.. i love the moong dhal, channa dhal, coconuts, sesame in this sweet bowl..Lets go with the recipe.. Do Try and let me know how it turns for you…
Preparation time- 5 mins
Cooking Time- 10 mins
Aval/Poha- 2 cups
Jaggery- 1/2 cup
Water- 1/2 cup
Ghee- 4 tsp
Moong dhal- 3 tsp
Roasted Channa dhal/Pottukadalai- 2 tsp
White Sesame/Black Sesame/Til-2 tsp
Raisins- 2 tsp
Coconut- 2 tsp Grated
* Clean the Poha/Aval to remove the dust and stones.. Take the Jaggery in a pan, add 1/2 cup of water to it, bring this to boil, no need to wait for string condition..
* Straint he Jaggery syrup to remove the dust.. Add the Jaggery syrup to the Poha/Aval
* Mix the Poha/Aval with the jaggery syrup.. Heat a kadai with a tsp of ghee, roast the moong dhal in medium flame..
* When they turn golden brown in color , take them off from the pan and add it to the Poha, Again heat the kadai with a tsp of ghee, roast the channa dhal/Pottu kadalai.. roast them in medium flame til they roast..
* Add the Roasted channa dhal to the poha, again heat the kadai and roast the coconut, sesame, and raisins, til they turn brown in color..
* Add the roasted coconut mix to the poha and mix them well.. and add a tsp of ghee over the poha.