Preparation time- 15 mins
Cooking Time- 30 mins
Serves- 25 muffins
Raw Rice- 1 cup
Jackfruit- 2 cup
Jaggery- 1/2- 3/4 cup
Cardamon- 2 pods
Coconut- 1/4 cup
Baking Soda/Appa Soda- 1/2 tsp
Ghee/Oil- 1/4 cup
* Wash clean and the Raw rice for 3- 4 hours, De-seed the Jackfruit and clean them, Roughly chop them into pieces..
* Take the cleaned jackfruit in a mixer and grind to a smooth paste, add in the Powdered Jaggery to and grind them along with the pulp..
* Drain the Soaked rice and add it to the mixer along with the jackfruit pulp, grind it to a smooth batter by adding some water.. Add Cardamon and grind along with the batter..
* Now add in the Grated Coconut and Grind all together to a smooth paste..
* Take the batter in a bowl, add the baking soda to it.. mix them well and wait for few mins,till the bubbles raise over the batter.. (Just keep aside for 3-5 mins)
* Heat the panniyaram pan by ciover it with a proper lid, Drizzle some ghee over the pan to grease it..
* Drop the Spoon full of batter to the pan and drizzle with ghee/Oil over it..
* Cover them and put the flame to medium let it sit for 3-4 mins, now open the lid, you’ll notice they puffed up in the pan..
* Slowly turn them with breaking the muffins and roast it till they turn golden brown in color… Repeat the process to all the batches..
* You use Raw rice flour too, if you use raw rice flour then melt the jaggery and Grind the jackfruit, Coconut, Cardamom, mix them all and do the same process.
* Baking Soda gives the softness to the muffins..
* Batter Consistency should equal to Idli batter Consistency..
* If you dont have the panniyaram pan, then deep fry them in oil by dropping a scoop of batter to the hot oil, but it absorbs oil…
“Chakka Paniyaaram/Jackfruit Panniyram/Jackfruit Neyiappam”