Cucumber Thayir Pachadi
This will serve in all functions along with the vegetarian meals.. this is one of my childhood favorite pachadi, but the sad thing is they people serve this with a teaspoon.. i have this pacahdi alone with rice and Pickle.. its a good combination.. Can serve this as main dish with some vegetable poriyal, thooran, also it goes well with a side dish of sambar or rasam.. and cucumber is a common vegetable & the curd which kick out the summer heat nicely, also dont miss this easy simple curry to add in your summer menu list.:) lets go with the recipe..
Preparation time- 10 mins
Cooking Time- 20 mins
Cucumber- 1 cup chopped
Onion- 2 tsp chopped
Curd- 1 cup
Oil- 2 tsp
Mustard- 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves- 1 spring
Coconut- 1/4 cup
Jeera- 1 tsp
Green chillie- 2 nos
* Heat the pan with oil, temper with mustard, Saute the onions for few mins, add the Curry leaves..
* Take the Grinding ingredients in a mixer a grind them without adding water..
* Add the Chopped Cucumber to the pan and saute this for few mins, cover and cook it for 5 mins with salt, Add in the Grinded masala
* Add 1/2 cup of water to it and cook till the water dries up..
* Switch off the flame and add in the curd, mix them well, check for salt and adjust the taste..