1. Clean the Chicken Pieces and set aside.. here is the ingredients for marination.. take the 2 tsp warm milk and soak the saffron and a pinch of food color..
2. Add all the spices and masalas to the chicken, now add in the salt and lemon juice..
3. Next with the chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies, Curd..
4. Mix them well and set this in a air tight box, add in the Oil and mix them well…Refrigerate and Marinate this for Over night or do it for 3 hours..
5. Chop onion, tomato and Corinader leaves and mint leaves, In a Pan heat some oil and sauté half of the Sliced onions…
6. Saute this to dark brown color, and set aside for the final step..
7. Take a big heavy bottomed vessel, i used my 5 ltr cooker .. Heat it with Oil and ghee, sauté the rest onions…
8. Saute this to pink color, add in the Bay Leaf and Gigner Garlic Paste to it.. then add the Tomatoes and cook it till they ooze out the oil..
9. Add the marinate chicken to the pan and put the flame to low…
10. In the mean time Soak the Basmathi Rice for 10 mins and drain out..
11. Boil 5 cups of water in a pan, add some Oil, Bay leaf and salt to it..
12. Bring this to boil well, Add the drained Rice to it..
13. Boil this for 5 mins…(only 5 mins), Drain the Rice from the water..
14. Set the Second layer over the Chicken Layer..(Make sure your flame is in low)
15. In the mean time Knead the atta make dough to seal and set it to the Lid.. if you had a proper lid for the Pan then no worries, skip this step..
16. Third layer –> spread half of the mint and Coriander leaves to it.. and drop the Saffron mix to it..
17. Now add in the Fried Onion layer, over the mix..
18. And again the Chopped mint and Corriander leaves, and now seal it with the lid..put this in low flame for 30 mins..and keep it in dum for 30 mins… I don’t have patience to keep in dum for 30 mins.. i open it with in 15 mins… 😛
19. Now open the Seal and Fluff it with a forks.. Carefully mix them with the masala..