* Soak the Rice for 10 mins before cooking..
* Marinate the Mutton for at least 4 hours…
* Chop onion, Tomatoes, Herbs(Mint + Coriander) and set aside..
* Soak the saffron in the milk..
* Knead the atta dough for the dum..
1. Here is the ingredients for marination, all the whole spices, powdered masala’s, oil, curd, green chillies, Herbs, Ginger garlic paste, lime… and please check the marination table for the complete List..
2. Wash and clean the mutton pieces, take the mutton pieces in mixing bowl or in a wide mouth vessel, add the marination ingredients one by one to it… whole spices, Powdered masala, ginger Garlic paste..
3. Then Lime, All the herbs(Coriander Leaves + Mint Leaves), green chillies..
4. Follwed by oil, curd and salt..
5. Mix them properly and marinate this for atleast 2-3 hours, over night marination is good for best result.., then pressure the marinated meat for 2 whistles, make sure only for 2 whistles..
6. Once the Pressure released, open the meat and set aside, now half the journey Over, coming to the second part… Chop onion, tomatoes and herbs(Coriander+Mint Leaves) and set aside..
7. Heat the pan with oil and fry the onion till golden brown in color .. set them aside for the later use..
8. Heat a heavy bottomed vessel with some ghee+Oil, Saute the onion first, add in the Ginger Garlic paste and then the tomato comes..
9. Cook till they ooze out the oil…Put the flame to low, And add in the cooked meat to it…
10. In the mean time, wash, clean and soak the rice for 10 mins.. drain out the water..
11. Heat 5 cups of water with few tsp of oil, bay leaf, cloves, and cardamons, add in the salt and check for the salt level..
12. Once they boil, add in the drained rice, let them boil for 5 mins.. the rice pearls will cooked half..
13. Drain the Half cooked rice and layer them over the Meat Layer..
14. Top it with the saffron mix, ghee over the layer..
15. Then the Fried onion.. and followed by chopped herbs(Coriander and mint leaves)
16. Fix the kneaded atta in the lid edges like this(As shown below) and close the pan with the lid and seal completely, Keep the flame for 25 – 30 mins in low flame…
17. Once the flame get off, keep them in dum for 20 mins… and break the dum and take out the sticked atta, just fluff lightly with the forks and mix the rice and meat mixture carefully, without breaking the rice pearls..