Ragi Idiyappam/Keepa Idiyappam/Kezhvaragoo Idiyappam
Ragi Idiyappam/Keepa Idiyappam/Kezhvaragoo Idiyappam, today im with a good healthy post.. usually we consume very less millets and grains in our daily diet.. and we people fix a point like ragi/finger millet/Keepai/Kezhvargoo is for diabetic food..
But nowadays lot of awareness raise for millets and grains, day by day every one searching for new recipes and new ideas how to include a healthy diet to the menu… millets and grains had lot of fiber and rich source of minerals and vitamins, and this recipe is steamed version of ragi/finger millet/Keepai/Kezhvargoo, so its a double healthy recipe..Here i first tasted this with sugar, coconut and Milk.. and the second time we had this with chicken curry.. that was a good experience with chicken curry.. Do try and share your experience too.. lets move on to the recipe..
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves: 2
||as per taste
1. Take the ragi flour in a pan, and roast it slightly just to remove the raw smell, add in the roasted rice flour and salt to it..
2. Add in the warm water and knead a dough, it should not stick in hand..
3. Grease the idli mould, and press the dough in a idiyappa mould, and squeeze out the dough to the shape in idli mould..
4. Steam this for 10 mins or till they done.. transfer the idiyappam to the hot-pot and repeat the same for the dough.. at time you serve garnish with coconut
- Roast them slightly, do not roast it much it may burn..
- Knead not sticky dough.. if it stick to your hand then add few more flour to it..
- Knead with hot water..
(Visited 22 times, 1 visits today)