Sponge Dosai/Buttermilk Dosai
Sponge Dosa/Buttermilk Dosa is a soft version of dosa. exactly it tastes soft and sponge in nature.. buttermilk dosa is very healthy and good for summer heat..
Usually When i prepare butter in home there i get 3-4 cups of buttermilk.. i used that buttermilk to this dosa.. if you don’t have the buttermilk, then add some curd and a cup of water to it.. best go with Tomato chutney, Raw tomato chutney, Coconut chutney, or even its goes well with chutney powder… its a simple recipe great taste..Lets go with the recipe…
Sponge Dosai/Buttermilk Dosa
Prep Time: 8 hours | Cook time: 5 mins | Serves: 2
1. Take Idli Rice, Poha/Aval, Urad dhal, Fenugreek seeds, clean them in running water and soak in the buttermilk if need add some water to Soak the Items.. soak this for at least 8 hours, or over night soaking is advisable..
2. Drain out the rice content to the mixer add some water or soaked buttermilk to it and grind to a smooth batter..
3. Take some Amount of batter you need to cook in a mixing bowl, add in the Baking soda and salt to it.. mix them well and set aside for 3-5 mins… now heat a tawa to hot, drizzle some oil and spread on evenly, take the ladle full of batter over the hot tawa and spread them.. drizzle some oil over the dosa..
4. Carefully release the edges and flip up the dosa and cook the other side.. and take out, follow the same procedure to the rest batter..
- Make the Dosa little Thick for exact sponge nature.. we usually do thin dosa here my hands go with it..
- Urad dhal and fenugreek seeds are optional in the original recipe which i follow don’t have it…
“Sponge Dosa/Buttermilk Dosa”
(Visited 74 times, 1 visits today)