Coconut Burfi/Barfi /Theangai burfi
Coconut burfi/barfi a easy Indian dessert.. i did this delicious buffi with desiccated coconut, you can use fresh coconut too.. one of the easy sweet recipe which comes first in mind during festive season will be this delicious one..
Desiccated coconuts are dried coconuts, all indian country ingredients has a special character, coconut is a rich ingredients, also this super delicious recipe doesn’t take much time and it need very less ingredients to do, only coconut, sugar, ghee and milk are need to do, and cardamon for flavor and cashew nuts for a different taste.. for grating desiccated coconut takes much time for me.. you can go with desiccated coconut powder too.. okay lets move to the recipe..
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 2
|Desiccated Coconut or Fresh coconut
||2 cups grated
1. Here is the grated desiccated coconut, heat a kadai with ghee, and wait for till they melt..
2. Add in the Coconut and mix them well for 3-4 mins in medium flame, add in the sugar and mix them gently.. no need to raise the flame, medium- low flame is enough for it.. let it sit for 4-5 mins.
3. Add in the milk and mix well, now the sugar crystal starts to melts down.. add in the Yellaki powder..
4. Add the cashew nuts and stir them continuously, in the mean time grease a plate with oil and set aside..
5. Mix them and roll it out.. drop out the buffi mix from the kadai to greased plate, set the level let it cool for 10-15 mins, draw some lines using knife and refrigerate it for 2 hours..
- I use sugar crystal, if your sugar crystal was big then coarse it in a mixer.
- final stage should role out from the pan
- Always keep the flame in medium to low for this recipe.. if you keep in high it may go to next stage..
(Visited 66 times, 1 visits today)