Thalicha Maravalli Kizhangu/Tempered Tapicao/ Thalicha Kappa Kizhangu
Thalicha Maravalli Kizhangu/Tempered Tapicao/ Thalicha Kappa Kizhangu this is my favorite dish.. we plugged the tapioca/Kappa from our back yard and cook immediately, that taste great with soft smooth texture..
Having this Thalicha Maravalli Kizhangu/Tempered Tapicao/ Thalicha Kappa Kizhangu with a cup of balck tea or coffee is a heaven.. it’s known and common veg in south India, cleaning and cooking this kizhangu needs some practice and experience.. don’t worry I’m doing it for my first time.. usually i leave this on mom hands.. this time by force i did this.. I have few more recipes on kappa/Tapicao, soon i’ll prepare and post it here.. this is one is a filling snack for the tea time.. also i do mention it.. it’s a root vegetable so its gastric, can crush some garlic, chill, salt and oil to relish this delicious kizhangu.. or just crush garlic with some salt and have it to escape from gastric problem… Here you go with the preparation.. do let me know how it turned for you…
Thalicha Maravalli Kizhangu
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 4
|Maravalli Kizhangu/Tapicao, Kappa
||as Per taste
Ingredients to Temper
1. Peel the skin and wash the kizhangu, chop the pieces, wash the pieces in water for 2-3 times and fill the water till immerse down..Boil it with by adding some salt to it..
2. After 6-8 mins check the kizhangu by taking them in a ladle, f the bloomed as shown, then its done well.. or you can press it by finger and check for it.. don’t stir the pot it may go mushy if its over cooked.. once they done strain out the water and keep it aside..
3. In a kadai, heat some oil temper with mustard, urad dhal, red chillie, and curry leaves to it.. and add the boiled kizhangu and shake the kadai to mix well.. here too don’t use any spoon or ladle..
- Check the Kizhangu in raw by biting it, if the fast is okay then its perfect for cooking in this method.. if it have any bitterness, then strain out the first boiled water and do the above same with the second water..
- If its not cooked well the will be in crunchy, If its get cooked much it goes into mushy nature..
“Thalicha Maravalli Kizhangu/Tempered Tapicao/ Thalicha Kappa Kizhangu”
(Visited 318 times, 1 visits today)