Adai/Mutigrain Adai & Aviyal
Adai/Multigrain Adai, Healthy Protein rich well power packed Lentil creeps.. This is my MIL’s recipe, she make a thin crispy crepes, always i failed to do the exact preparation.. i took some leftover batter when it was runny… that too i don’t prefer the batter not to be runny..
I heard a lot form my friends, Adai and aviyal are the best combination.. Healthy packed multigrain creeps with mixed vegetable kootu.. this is a filling for breakfast/dinner… Adai paired with sugar to attract kids.. Here Aviyal is my mom’s recipe and Adai is my MIL’s recipe.. both their combination Mom and MIL are the best, now when i planning for family menu i remember their tough time.. Try this simple Lentil creeps and let me know how it turned for you. lets go with the recipe…
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Breakfast
Prep Time: 2 hours | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 3
||As per taste
||1/2 cup chopped
1. Take Idli Rice, Thorr dhal, channa dhal moong dhal and urad dhal in a mixing bowl, wash and clean the dhal mix.. add some hot water to it.. and soak this for 1 hour..
2. Drain out the soaked grain in a mixer add red chillie and hing to it.. grind this to a smooth batter like dosa batter consistency..
3. Add in the chopped onion and curry leaves with some slat.. mix them well.. Heat the dosa tawa, and drop a laddel of batter to the hot tawa, and spread evenly.. Drizzle some oil over the Adai..
4. Once the top cooked like this as shown in the picture, flip them to the other side and cook it.. Repeat the same…
- Can soak Redchillie along with the Grains..
- If you like hing flavor then add more for a best taste.. Adding hing helps in digestion and gastric..
- If your batter is runny, you can make a thin and crispy adai.. my MIL preparer he same.. but i prefer this tiny thick adai..
- Can add Drumstick leaves to the batter.. to vary the version.. i don’t have drumstick leaves in hands..
- This goes well with Idli lodi, Chutney too..
(Visited 35 times, 1 visits today)