Almond Halwa / Badham Halwa / Badam Halwa
Badham Halwa, the richness of the dessert derived from its name. Authentic halwa recipe with very minimal ingredient list.
Almonds are the star of nuts. Almonds are a bone-building food. These are a great source of healthy monounsaturated fats. Almonds can be consumed in many ways, like soaked and balanced almonds are good source to improve overall diet quality.
Almond/Badham is a very good source of vitamins and rich contents. Badham milk is recommended in the night time for a good sleep. Badham improves immunity to the kids. Adding food color is completely your choice, here to get the perfect colour I have used food colour. Here for the presentation and for the look I have added a pinch of food colour. Usually I don’t prefer food color in my recipes . Check with the recipe for more details and do try and let me know how it turns.
Badham Halwa / Almond Halwa
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Dessert I Prep Time: 3 hours | Cook time: 45 mins | Serves: 2
|Badham / Almond
||1 1/2 cups(1.5cups)
1. Soak the badham for 2 hours, or you can soak it in hot water for 30 mins.. now peel the skin, Take your clean mixer grinder, grind the badham with some milk, grind it to a smooth paste…
2. Add rest of the milk, saffron and the food color to it.. mix them well and start cook it in medium flame..
3. Stir well and mix them properly… slowly it start to thick, in the mean time add in the sugar and mix them well continuously..
4. And when the sugar added slowly the consistency get loosen and mix them well, start stir them again, and once it get thick add the ghee generously…
5. Mix them well and with in few mins it’ll get thick, in this stage halwa absorbs the ghee, you’ll not trace any ghee there in the halwa.. put the flame to medium or low stir continuously and slowly the ghee ooze out from the halwa.. when you found the trace of ghee then switch of the flame… (If you are a beginner then try doing the last stage inflow flame..)
- I used Nonstick pan.. i recommend you to try in nonstick pan..
- If you add too much of milk it took more time to cook..
- Adding sugar is your choice.. you can reduce the level to your taste buds..
- Once the ghee trace in the last stage immediately switch off the flame…
(Visited 208 times, 1 visits today)