Bottlegourd curry, this is one of the comfort curry, which can have for the first day of week.. mostly weekends are end with heavy meal, non veg, and loads of work.. this one is such a comfort simple curry..
A different kind of taste i experienced in this recipe.. once i tried the same recipe with pumpkin, but I’m not a fan of pumpkin so as end with i don’t like it much.. Other than i like bottlegourd, original recipe i saw with ridgegourd, and here i end up with Bottlegourd.. Some tangy, mildy spiced curry to be paired with Steamed rice.. here you go with the simple yet comfort recipe…
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Serves: 2
||1 medium sized
1. Wash and peel the bottelgourd, Chop them to medium size pieces, in a pan take the chopped bottlegourd with a cup of water, bring this to boil in medium flame and cook till the water dries up…
2. Make it cook and grind the cooked bottlegourd in a mixer. in the mean time heat a kadai with oil, temper with mustard, sauté the onion, green chillie and curry leaves..
3. Add the hing and sauté for few mins, now add the tamarind water and bring this to boil.. Just when the bubbles start to raise..
4. Add the Grinded bottelgourd with some salt and turmeric water.. bring this to boil.. serve hot with steamed rice..
- The same curry can be prepared with Ridgegourd/Peerkankaai, Pumpkin/Poosanikaai..
- Make sure the tamarind water is not much sour.. make it in mild sour. if you are using tamarind paste then go with 1/2 spoon.. i dilute the 1/2 spoon tamarind paste in 1 cup of water…