Jalebi, before a year, exactly last diwalli I’m in confusion of jangri and Jalebi.. Last diwalli i asked Joe “I need this yellow Jangri” He too bought a box full of sweets to me.. when i tasted this, i said the shop boy cheated us
, jangri in sour taste.. that much i had the knowledge of recipes…
Then i asked many of friends, one of my friend kriuthi cleared out, both types are there, which on prepared in urad dhal is called jangri and that our traditional one.. this jangri is part from north and this one is prepared in maida, and curd, which is sour in taste.. then i googled the recipe.. and found this in Raks Kitchen.. i was yummy, and now I’m clear with the doubt.. actually I’m in a thought to prepare Jangri.. and finally end with the jalebi.. this was a lovely experience for me
.. i took my first video for my blog.. And here i attached a mall bit of video to make the shape of jalebi.. check out.. do try and let me know your experience…
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Dessert I Prep Time: 12 hrs | Cook time: 30 mins | Serves: 2
|Yellow Food Color
||1/2 cup(To fry)
||1/4 cup(To fry)
|Yellow Food color
1. Take Maida/APF, Corn Flour, Baking Soda, Food color, And curd in a bowl, mix them well and add few drops of water if needed, the batter should be in medu vada consistency… Keep in a warm place for 12 hours.. or do what i did, just keep it inside the unplugged microwave…
2. This batter is after marination.. Take a Ketchup bottle, or use a ziplock cover, athirst i tried in the ketchup bottle Joe was telling about the size was big and then i changed to the ziplock cover.. Just load the batter in the ziplock cover and make a small hole in one conner..
3. In the mean time take the sugar in a pan with with and food color, boil this till the sugar dissolves, bring this to one string consistency, Add the lime juice ..
4. Add few strands of saffron and the rose essence too, the sugar syrup took hardly 10-15 mins in medium flame… set the sugar syrup near to the stove top and heat a wide pan with oil and ghee..
5. Start squeezing the batter to the shape.. i’ve attached a vide ion the bottom check how to squeeze out the jalebi in the oil.. cook this for few mins and flip them cook them properly in medium flame..
6. Drain out the fried jalebi’s and drop to the sugar syrup.. dip it for 2-3 mins, and took out and keep in a plate…
Here’s video Explanation, how to shape the jalebi in hot oil…
- Marinating 12hrs is needed…
- Make the batter to medhu vada consistency..
- Use a wide pan to fry the jalebi’s
- Can add Yellaki instead of essence..
- Can use a pipit bag to shape the jalebi, or can use a small holed ketchup can..
That’s read to taste..
(Visited 47 times, 1 visits today)