Kala Jamun, i don’t know the exact difference between the normal jamun and kala jamun, when i browsed for the info, i found the kala jamuns are dark in color, exactly black jamuns they double fry the jamuns for the dark black color.. and they are stuffed with some panner too, here i stuffed with some powdered nuts..
Such a rich delicious sweet for this festive season.. not so messy in work, simply i used the gulab jamun mix itself.. heavenly jamuns.. anything other more delicious with this…
Totally addict to this jamuns.. a rich sweet for your sweet tooth.. a must recipe for festival.. having these much of varieties in jamun , no more boring gulab jamuns anymore, try this new sweet and make your moments happy.. these nutty jamuns makes the day so special, rememberable..And festive season had started all over, all shoppings, Gifts, all may in busy schedule in planing those things.. don’t forget to plan your recipe list too.. okay lets go with this most delicious sweet..
Some more Jamun recipes For Easycooking, Khoya Jamun, Bread Jamun
Recipe Cuisine: Indian Dessert I Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Serves: 4-6
||3/4 cup – 1 cup
|Mixed Nuts(Pista+Badham+Cashew nuts)
|Green Food Color
1. I used MTR Gulab Jamun Mix here, Knead the Jamun mix to a soft non sticky dough..
2. Dived the Dough quarter part of the dough and keep aside, and take all the nuts and yellaki in a blender, powder this coarsely..
3. Take the powdered nuts, quater part dough and the green food color in a bowl knead them well to mix evenly i didn’t add any water to knead the nut mixture.., now make small size balls in the green color mix and make a little big size balls out of the plain jamun mix…
4. Take the plain ball, flat it with your hands, place the green balls inside and stuff it carefully, and shape them..
5. Do the same for all the balls, Now take the ghee in a kadai, i used my small kadai to consume ghee…
6. In the mean time Take the sugar in a Sauce pan, measure the sugar in cups, add equal measure of water to it, bring this boil ..
7. Boil the Sugar syrup for 3-4 mins in high and take off from the flame and keep aside which is closer to the ghee kadai… and now slowly drop the jamun’s to the ghee.. cook them in medium flame, wait for 5-6 mins and flip the jamuns and cook all the sides to turn even brown color..
8. See how beautifully the color changing to the jamuns, once they done drain the jamuns and drop to the sugar syrup..
- Kneading the dough is a quite tough job to me.. if you get sticky dough then add few tsp of maida/ALP to the dough and knead well.
- if you take a pitch of dough in your palm and roll it to a ball, here it should not stick to your hand, ball should get a perfect shape without any cracks, after rolling the balls your palm should be clean, then the dough is perfect..
- If the dough is thick then cracks will form in the balls add few drops of water and knead again, if the balls is loosen they’ll stick in your hands and when you drop in the oil/ghee they lose the shape.
- When adding nut mixture i didn’t add any water to it, i knead it in the dough moisture and the nuts mixture had a nature to mix with the dough easily… if you feel its dry and difficult in knead then add few drops of water to it..
- I used powdered food color, if you have liquid one you can use with that..
- Adjust the Sugar level to your taste buds, i used some less sugar when compared to the packet instruction, and finally i get a dry bowl of jamuns..
- When Frying the balls, care full with flame.. keep high once and low the heat and drop jamuns.. adjust the heat according to your kadai and vessel you use.. Always you need to adjus the flames often when doing these kind of deep frying job..
Kala Jamun, how this looks
I divide it into three parts, yummy yummy.. such a pleasing and inviting one..
This the bund of whole plate.. shiny golden color, who will say no to these plate
(Visited 42 times, 1 visits today)