Recipe Cuisine: Indian Dessert I Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Serves: 4-6
||3/4 cup – 1 cup
|Mixed Nuts(Pista+Badham+Cashew nuts)
|Green Food Color
1. I used MTR Gulab Jamun Mix here, Knead the Jamun mix to a soft non sticky dough..
2. Dived the Dough quarter part of the dough and keep aside, and take all the nuts and yellaki in a blender, powder this coarsely..
3. Take the powdered nuts, quater part dough and the green food color in a bowl knead them well to mix evenly i didn’t add any water to knead the nut mixture.., now make small size balls in the green color mix and make a little big size balls out of the plain jamun mix…
4. Take the plain ball, flat it with your hands, place the green balls inside and stuff it carefully, and shape them..
5. Do the same for all the balls, Now take the ghee in a kadai, i used my small kadai to consume ghee…
6. In the mean time Take the sugar in a Sauce pan, measure the sugar in cups, add equal measure of water to it, bring this boil ..
7. Boil the Sugar syrup for 3-4 mins in high and take off from the flame and keep aside which is closer to the ghee kadai… and now slowly drop the jamun’s to the ghee.. cook them in medium flame, wait for 5-6 mins and flip the jamuns and cook all the sides to turn even brown color..
8. See how beautifully the color changing to the jamuns, once they done drain the jamuns and drop to the sugar syrup..
- Kneading the dough is a quite tough job to me.. if you get sticky dough then add few tsp of maida/ALP to the dough and knead well.
- if you take a pitch of dough in your palm and roll it to a ball, here it should not stick to your hand, ball should get a perfect shape without any cracks, after rolling the balls your palm should be clean, then the dough is perfect..
- If the dough is thick then cracks will form in the balls add few drops of water and knead again, if the balls is loosen they’ll stick in your hands and when you drop in the oil/ghee they lose the shape.
- When adding nut mixture i didn’t add any water to it, i knead it in the dough moisture and the nuts mixture had a nature to mix with the dough easily… if you feel its dry and difficult in knead then add few drops of water to it..
- I used powdered food color, if you have liquid one you can use with that..
- Adjust the Sugar level to your taste buds, i used some less sugar when compared to the packet instruction, and finally i get a dry bowl of jamuns..
- When Frying the balls, care full with flame.. keep high once and low the heat and drop jamuns.. adjust the heat according to your kadai and vessel you use.. Always you need to adjus the flames often when doing these kind of deep frying job..