Oma Podi/Plain Sev
Oma Podi/Plain Sev, Popular Indian Snack.. all over the India this plain sev had a happy welcome.. without this there is no chaat item.. Very simple and healthy snack, which is the one favorite to all age group..
This recipe had a good flavor of ajwain/ omam.. Omam is one the ingredient which helps in digestion.. when my boy was too small, once in 10days i dry roast this ajwain/ omam in a pan and boil it with a cup of water, boil till the water reduce half quantity, cool this and i’ll feed to jess babe.. Omam is one of the best ingredient for digestion, when i take jess babe to bangalore after my delivery, i bought ajwain/Omam, Sukku/Dry Ginger in large scale.. best home remedy for stomach upset, always keeping this in hand is a life saver in emergency.. and coming to plain sev, this sev had a good part in south indian mixture.. adding more ajwain/omam will be more flavorful sev.. lets go with the simple oma podi..
Oma Podi / Plain Sev
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 30 mins mins | Serves: 4-5
||1 1/2 tsp
||To Deep Fry
1. Take the ajwain/Omam in a blender, powder this to fine, if you wish you can soak 1/4 cup of water to ajwain/ omam for 1 hour and grind it well..
2. Add 1/4 cup of water to the blender and grind again.. Strain the Ajwain/Omam water and keep aside..
3. In a mixing bowl, take besan flour, roce flour, Hing, salt and whisk them well to mix properly..
4. Add few drops of oil to the flour mix.. and some water and mix them properly to make a dough..the dough should little sticky in nature…
5. This is the mould i used for my plain sev.. Load the dough to the mould.. in the mean time Heat a kadai with oil, squeeze out the plain sev to the hot oil..
6. Deep fry the plain sev in hot oil, Flip them to cook all the sides of the sev.
7. Once they done the color change to bright golden yellow color, drain the sev from oil and keep them in colander.. also fry some curry leaves in the same hot oil and add to the Sev.. now give a good crush to the sev with curry leaves.Store this in Air tight container..
- Check the mould by squeezing the dough in a plate, and if its okay then continue with the hot oil..
- If the dough is too thick sev will break, if so sprinkle few drops of water and knead again and use..
- Heat the oil in high, and reduce the flame to low before squeezing the sev..
- Use a hand towel to cover ur hand which is holding the mould over oil, or use oven gloves.
“Oma Podi/Plain Sev”
Crispy Plain Sev…
(Visited 183 times, 1 visits today)