BottleGourd Dhal Curry/Suraikaai Paruppu Curry
BottleGourd Dhal Curry, Are you searching for a simple lazy curry, then this is the one you are searching, I prepare this when i feel more lazy and to complete the work quick..
This curry goes well with roti and Hot steamed rice which drizzled with some ghee, and very easy to digest, This simple curry is a delicious combo with any of your choice.. Bottlegourd is a diet vegetable, who ever want to reduce the weight and those who are planning diet, for sure they go with the bottlegourd, you can make this as kootu or curry as your wish, A low calorie Recipe with lot and lot of nutritious value.. here using the pearl onion gives the touch of south indian flavor.. Do try this simple curry and Let me know how it turns for you..
Bottle Gourd Dhal Curry
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Curry
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Serves: 2
||1 cup chopped
||1/2 cup chopped
|Ginger Garlic paste
||2 tsp chopped
1. Take the dhal in a pressure cooker, was and clean, add some water, Turmeric powder, hing and pressure cook it for 2-3 whistles, wait until pressure release and open the pan mash it well, heat a quad with oil, temper with jeera
2. Add in the ginger garlic paste and fry for few mins, add in the tomatoes and cook till they mash, add the curry leaves and chopped bottlegourd to the quad and mix them well..
3. Add in the sambar powder and salt, cook this for few mins, or cook until the bottle gourd are done, Add in the Cooked dhal and mix well add some water if needed.. check for salt and spices, bring this boil and garnish with Coriander leaves..
- Here i add tomatoes before the bottle gourd, so the bottlegourd took few more time to cook.
- You can add the tomatoes after the bottlegourd too..
- Adding both dhal is your choice, i add both the dhal to a better taste..
“Bottlegourd Dhal Curry”
Get the Updates Straight To your inbox, Subscribe Now
(Visited 93 times, 1 visits today)