Nei Appam/Uni Appam
Nei Appam, is a south indian traditional recipe, this a famous and stable snack of Kerala, uniappam is a another name of this delicious snack.. I made this with palm jaggery, little more healthy version..
Traditional recipe was filled with palm jaggery only, the plam jaggery Flavor was the super delicious taste in this lovely snack..actually i missed this snack form my home town, after a long gap, once i saw this in a shop, taste was simply awesome. without delay i tried and I’m waiting to post for a occasion, and here is the karthigai thirunaal, festival to celebrate with lovely cute appam’s .. in amma’s place karthigai thirunaal will filled delicious snacks from negibous, they do lot of kozhukattai, aval recipes, appam, panniyaram dishes.. Let you go with the soft appam and do try and let me know how it turned for you…
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Breakfast/Snacks
Prep Time: 2 hours | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 4
1.Soak the raw rice for 2 hour, grate the palm jaggery and set aside..
2. Grind the Rice to a smooth paste, Once they half done add in the chopped banana and yellaki to it..Grind this smoothly and set aside..
3. Take the wheat flour in a mixing bowl, take the palm jaggery in a pan and add very little amount of water to it, Now strain out the Jaggery syrup to the wheat flour..
4. Mix them well and add the grinded rice batter to it, and give a good mix..
5. Heat a quad with ghee and fry the sesame and Coconuts in it,, add the fried coconuts and sesame to the batter.. add a pinch of baking soda and mix them well.
6. Heat a panniyara pan and grease with some ghee, drop the batter, cover this and cook for few mins, then flip them and cook till they done..
- Instead of palm jaggery substitute with normal jaggery too.
- Can grind the coconuts along with the rice batter too..
- Frying coconuts and sesame increase the shelf life the appam..
- Store in refrigerator for 2-3 days..
- And if you like dry ginger can grind the a piece of dry ginger along with the Rice batter..
Get the Updates Straight To your inbox, Subscribe Now
(Visited 51 times, 1 visits today)