My Kitchen Super Star… I’ve heard about OTG oven but never dreamed I’ll own it… Felt lucky this time…. I was very much attracted with 9ltr OTG that’s the basic model, there is no other pc in stock so we chose this 18ltr model….
Brand : Morphy Richard
Capacity : 18 Liters
Type : OTG( Oven Toaster Griller)
Outer Body: Powder Coated/Stainless Still
Inner Chamber : Nonstick Coating
- Cooking Tray
- Crumb Tray
- Wire Grill cum Barbecue Tray
- Rotisserie Rod
- Rorisserie Prong -2 nos
- Rotisserie Tong
We purchased this From Hyper City Bangalore(Royal Meenakshi mall), on 13th sep 2013..this is special gadget for doing baking, toast, grill as its suggest from the name we have a idea of this.. this type is not suitable for cooking/ reheating the stuffs…. size was compact what i expected..
As i had very thin manual and instruction guide im posting this is for my sake also…. there is no demo details in server about the type… so i’ll clearly write my ideas and the function detail of this type..
OTG Means for Oven Toaster Grill, if you love to bake goodies, then blindly you can choose a OTG Oven, Other Cooking and Reheating is not possible in OTG.. OTG baking is Done with the heat of two Rods, itsd like a traditional oven.. Lot of difference is there in baking with a OTG and Microwave.. When i did my first cake the texture, and color was similar to a store bought one.. the cake turns out as good as a bakery one..
It has 3 Knobs To set the option..
1. Temperature Set:
This knob help to set the Temperature as desired for particular recipe..
- Timer Knob is used to set the time as per the requirement of the recipe.
- The knob also ensures the power supply to the unit.
- To operate the timer, wind the timer clockwise and se it to the required time. supply to the unit will cut off automatically once the set time elapses.
- If The keep warm mode is required to used for more than 60 minutes, the timer can be by passed, to by pass the timer, rotate the timer knob in anti-clockwise direction and the keep at ON position..
2. Function Select Knob:
* Grill– Both the Rods will in function, Here grilling, Tikkas, can be done, also you can choose the grill mode for 2-3 mins for after baking a cookies, bread or bun, thety give a good crust and brown color…
* Toast– this mode is to preheat for all stuffs, bread pizza can particularly done in this mode..
* Rotisserie– I use this mode for Tandoori chicken…
- Insert the Rotisserie rod through the food(Eg Full chicken/Corn etc.)
- Insert prongs on the rod from both the sides of the rotisserie rod so that the food is held between the two prongs.
- tighten screw of both the prongs on the rotisserie rod.
- Insert “A” end of the rotisserie rod into rotisserie rod support and insert “B” end of the rotisserie rod into rotisserie rod socket.
- Close the Door.
- Set the Temperature/Timer and function knob as per the requirement of the recipe.
To remove rotisserie:
- Hold the rotisserie tong with both hands.
- Place the tong rods below the rotisserie rod notches, provided at the extreme ends.
- Lift up the left end of the rotisserie rod slightly.
- Push the rotisserie rod towards left so that it comes out of the socket.
- Now lift the right end of the rotisserie rod.
- Balance the tong with both hands along with the food item and rotisserie rod while moving out the same.
- Prepare the batter as per the recipe instruction
- Set the temperature in the Knob, Mostly to bake a cake 180C is recommended Temperature.
- Turn the timer knob to 10 mins.. to preheat the oven..
- Put the cake pan filled with prepared batter in the preheated Oven.. Set the desired time to bake the bake..
- Once they done take it out and cool the cake on a wire rack..
- Prepare the cookie dough as per recipe instruction.
- Preheat the oven by set the temperature, and timer..
- Put the cookie ray and bake it for desired timing..
* Timer knob is used to set the time as per the requirement of the recipe.
* The Knob also ensure the Power supply to the unit.
* To operate the timer, wind the timer clockwise and set it to the required time. supply to the unit will cut off automatically once the set time elapses.
* An Acoustic Signal from the Timer indicates that the OTG is switched OFF.
Instruction To Use Before:
- Unplug the socket when not in use and before cleaning. while removing the plug socket never pull on the powder cod.
- Do not move or shake the OTG when it is On.
- Heat spread all over the Surface.. so Careful in handle the Oven when it is ON.
- Do not touch the heating element, outer metal surface and front glass door of the OTG when in Use & Hot. Use Tongs, Kitchen mitten to handle the Things..
- Never allow kids to operate the OTG..
- Do not apply water on the front glass while in operation or when it is hot as the glass could crack otherwise.
- Leave sufficient space all around the OTG to allow the hot air to escape. take special care to keep the OTG away from flammable materials such as curtains or draperies during and after use. Do not use underneath cupboards.
- The Knobs are very important don’t regulate the knobs roughly..
General Cleaning and Care:
- After use and before cleaning, switch-off the OTG, remove the powder plug from the socket and wait for the OTG to cool
- Wipe the glass door and the inner cavity of the OTG with a moistened cloth. Wipe again with a dry cloth.
- If any food particle or liquid has spilled, clean it with damp cloth and let the interior dry throughly.
- Never use metal polish or coarse scouring agents for cleaning.
- Do not scrub the surface of the cooking tray with any hard or abrasive material while cleaning. Use a sponge or nylon scrubber to clean the surface of cooking tray. TO clean the stubborn food particles on the cooking tray, make a thick paste of normal washing powder using little water and apply on the surface. Keep it for a while, scrub with sponge and wash.
Some recipes which i tried in My OTG
Cakes and bakes:
Chocolate Coconut Cake
Double Chocolate Oats Brownie
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Orange Marmalade Cake
Christmas Cake- No Alcohol
Eggless Pinacolada Cake
Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake
Tutti Frutti Cake
Banana Wheat flour Cake
Eggless Chocolate Cake
Mexican Tortilla Pizza
Steamed Chocolate Cake
Snow ball Cookies