Panner Butter masala, Really a chaalanging recipe.. i tried it many times for roti.. mostly i do this for dinner that i found very difficult to take a main picture.. this time properly in the plan to catch the main picture, started doing this by little early..
This restaurant style masala taste really great and rich with all the ingredients.. This creamy curry was a heavenly combo with Naan/Roti… When ever we go to restaurant Joe Will order some butter masala for me.. I’m not a good fan of spicy hot food.. since the butter masala had a sweet flavor with mild spice level.. happily i go dig the masala. mostly that will be butter chicken masala… if you want to taste the real butter masala, go with punjabi restaurant, they had the traditional touch in taste.. here the preparation took a little more.. Learn this Creamy Rich masala, and let me know how it turned for you…
Panner Butter Masala Restaurant Style
Recipe Cuisine:North Indian | Recipe Category: Side Dish
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Serves: 2 nos
||2 nos medium sized
|Ginger Garlic paste
Ingredients to mix masala
|Dried Kasoori methi
1. Heat the milk to warm, soak the cashew nuts to the warm milk.. soak this for 10-15 mins, grind it to a smooth paste and set aside..
2. Puree the tomato and set aside, cube the panner, finely chop the onion and green chili and crush the ginger garlic.. keep everything ready..
3. Now prepare the masala mix, take Chillie powder, Coriander powder, Turmeric powder, graham masala, Kasoori methi, Ketchup in a bowl, add some milk and mix well and set aside…
4. Heat the frying pan with oil and slightly fry the panner cubes in low flame.. fry this for 5- 10 mins in low flame or till you see the color change..
5. Beat the cream and set aside.. Heat a quad with butter.. wait until the melts..
6. Add the Ginger Garlic paste and fry it for mins.. saute the onion till they turns pinks in color..
7. Add in the tomato puree and mix them well… cover this and allow to cook for 5-6 mins in medium flame or till the oil separates and the tomato puree color changed to bright red color..
8. Add the masala mix and Green chili and mix them well..Let them cook for 3-4 mins in medium flame..Add salt in this stage…
9. Add the fried panner cubes and mix well.. now add 1/2 cup of water and bring this to boil..
10. Add in the cashew paste and the remaining 1/4 cup milk, bring this boil well.. cook till the gravy gets thick..Granish with some kasoori methi and coriander leaves..
11. Top the curry with beaten cream and serve this hot roti/Naan/Pulav..
- Don’t add the milk directly from refrigerator, it may cuddle..
- When frying panner don’t keep the flame to high, panner will go rubbery if it over cooked.. to make the panner soft, i mention the step with low flame…
- Adding green chili is optional.. since i added more milk, cream, cashew paste.. i thought it’ll be in sweet taste.. so i added the green chili for a flavor.