Thinai Dosa/Foxtail Millet Dosa
Thinai Dosai, Thinai Arisi Is a millet varitey, in ancient(Puraana) Stories i heard about this thinai arisi urundi a lot, their they expalined Thinai arisi urundai was made out of home made ghee, garden honey and home made thinai arisi maavu, these maavu urunadi are the king food of ancient generation..
In my early days i saw this thinai is used to feed LOVE BIRDS, Later after starting the millet hunt i found that thinai was cleaned, they remove the outer layer and called it as thinai arisi, Adding thinai in Dosai is really a new thing to me… it taste good as like the normal arisi dosai.. Millets are good for diabetic patients too, This golden colored grain taste too good, same like our normal dosa batter, this can used to prepare lot of recipes.. hope this post will help you to learn the easy healthy breakfast with millet.. i severed this Dosai with Coriander Chutney..Try this healthy dose and let me know how it turned for you..
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Breakfast
Prep Time: 12 hours | Cook time: 5 mins | Serves: 10-15 Dosai
||1/4 cup to drizzle
1. Take Thinai, Idli rice and Urad dhal separately in a bowl, wash them and clean, add some fenugreek seeds to the urad dhal and soak this for 3 hours.. Start grinding the uraddhal in mixer or grinder..
2. Dip your finger in water and drop it to the grinded urad dhal mix, it should not stick to your finger, take out the urad dhal batter from the mixer or grinder and seaside, Take the soaked thin in a mixer and grind this to smooth batter, add the idli rice along with the grinded thinai, and grind it to a smooth batter..
3. Here is the grinded Thani and Rice, Add this batter to the urad dhal batter..
4. Add some salt, mix them well with your hands, keep it close for 8 hours to 12 hours for fermentation..
5. Once they fermented well, heat a nonstick tawa, Drop a laddle of batter in the hot tawa, and spread them evenly using the back side of the laddle, Drizzle some oil over the tawa, flip it to the other side and cook, Serve with any choice of your Chutney or sambar..
- For good fermentation use your hands to mix them well, the heat form your hand will help the batter to ferment soon..
- Make thin or thick dosa as your wish.
- Use nonstick tawa to reduce oil.
“Thinai Dosai/Foxtail Millet with Coriander Chutney”
Some more Healthy Breakfast recipes..
Get the Updates Straight To your inbox, Subscribe Now
(Visited 42 times, 1 visits today)