Vazhaipoo Vadai/Bananah flower Fritters, This Banana flower tiki, is a crispy snack for tea time.. banana flower is a healthy vegetable.. it has lot of healthy benefits and good vegetable for diabetic patients..
Mom regularly used to do this vadai, in our childhood, in backyard we plant lot banana plants, so at a time it yields more than 4, 5 flowers.. she distribute some the flowers and with few flowers she prepare kootu, poriyal, curry, and this vadai too.. i don’t take much vazahaipoo kootu, but loved this vadai a lot.. it took lot of time to clean the flower.. i never touch this flower to clean in my childhood.. and now in health conscious, i should do these for my kid.. will share a new post with cleaning the flower.. and here is the healthiest crunchy recipe..
Click here to Know how to Clean the Vazhaipoo/Banana flower with video instruction
Vazhaipoo Curry/Banana Flower Curry
Vazhaipoo Kootu/Banana Flower Dhal Curry
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Snack/Tea Time
Prep Time: 1 hour | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 2-4
||200 gms Cleaned
||1 medium sized
To clean Vazhaipoo:
Before cleaning you need to take some buttermilk or take 1/4 cup of curd and mix with water, dip your hands in the buttermilk, Peel the outer layer and take the bunch of flowers in it.. one by one remove all the flower bunches and keep aside.. remove the stamen and the white petal layer in the flower.. in the mean time dip your hands in buttermilk, when it dries.. Keep the cleaned bunch in a chopper and chop it finely and add this chopped flowers in to the buttermilk..
1. Wash and Soak Channa dhal, thoor dhal,urad dhal, red chillie for 1 hour, grind this to a coarse paste.. don’t add water while grinding vada batter..
2. Add Chopped Onion, Chopped Vazhaipoo/Bananah flower..
3. Add Hing and salt, Mix them well, Make even size balls..
4. Heat the kadai with oil, Flatten the ball and drop the vadai to the hot oil..
5. Flip the vadai and cook the both sides, drain out the vadai once they turn golden brown in color and keep the vadai in a colander or kitchen tissue..
- Chop finely the Vazhaipoo, and soak it in buttermilk for decolorization..
- If the batter gets runny, add few tsp of besan flour..
- If you like add some chopped curry leaves too..
Get the Updates Straight To your inbox, Subscribe Now
(Visited 101 times, 1 visits today)