Kathamba Thooran, very long time i miss this mixed vegetable fry.. mom prepare this super delicious fry with very few combination of vegetable.. i often made some beans and carrot combo or beans and cabbage combo, this is the fisrt time to try it out with a small batch of mixed vegetable.. and this was a lovely experience..
Thooran are meant to South Tamilnadu dishes, which vegetables are blended with coconut masala, and without adding water the compete dish should cook, that the really taste of this vegetable fry.. Kathambam is nothing but a mixing of things.. here mixing of vegetable to make a super delicious fry.. I had few more thooran recipes in my page.. this one is pretty special with loads of veggies, Even if you kids are any one in your home doesn’t like a particular vegetable, hide it here and serve.. they’ll not find the taste of a single vegetable, with all other vegetable taste will blend each other..
Kathamba Thooran/Mixed Vegetable Stir Fry
Recipe Cuisine:Indian | Recipe Category: Side Dish
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 2
||1 small piece
||1/2 cup chopped
Ingredients To Grind
1. Take all the veggie you want, Wash and clean, Chop them an set aside.. chop the cauliflower and soak it in a warm salted water, to kill the worms..
2. Take a mixer and add the ingredients to grind, Coconut, onion, garlic, jeera, green chili and coarsely grind this without adding water.. heat a kadai with oil, splutter the mustard, urad dhal, Channa dhal..
3. Add in the chopped onion and saute for few ins, add in the curry leaves too, once the onions turn pink add in the chopped veggie, cover the pan and cook this for few mins in medium flame approximately 4- 5 mins..
4. Stir in between and cover and cook the veggie, once the veggies are half done then add in the grinded masala, turmeric powder, and salt.
5. Stir them well to mix again cover and cook for few mins and once all veggies are done off the flame and serve with any south indian curry like sambar, rasam or pulikulambu..
- Don’t add water to grind the masala.
- Don’t add water to cook the veggies
- Adults the spices to your level..
- Chop the vegetables in even sizes..
- Mixed vegetable is of your choice i miss radish, here.. if you wish add it along with the vegetables..
- Take only few number of vegetable if have a list of veggies in hand… make sure, the above vegetable filled my pan so make sure about the quantity.. and check the ingredient table again.. or keep in mind the chopped vegetable should in 1 cup for 2 servings..