Kerala Plum Cake, This reminds my childhood christmas days.. This is my most most favorite cake, after marriage i ask Joe to buy me a pack of plum cake from his office, the one which he bought is so rich in taste.. so you got it right my next experiment is with rich plum cake.. I’m not sure, will i post it this year or not.. but anyhow soon i’ll give the recipe for Rich plum Cake
This spicy version of bake makes me to fall in love again and again to give a try.. second day it taste great than the first day of baking.. Also I’m so happy with the Loaf cake.. and This a no butter cake.. i never get a this much super brown color on top, this time i got this.. As my cake had loads of Nuts and fruits i can’t a make a thin slice here, so i Slice the pieces little dense, Taste was really great than anything.. as always homemade stuffs had a special welcome.. as like always i get a good mark for this cake form Joe and Jess.. These Fuzzy eaters, Open their eyes widely to catch my fault all the time.. Hope this post helps you guys to learn a traditional Plum cake any doubts or suggestions please mail me or message me.. Thank you so much for the Support an love, Let the Christmas fun begins..
No Alcohol Christmas Cake/Kerala Plum Cake
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Bake
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook time: 45 mins | Temperature: 180C
||3/4 cup + 4 tsp
|Olive Oil/Butter/Cooking Oil
||3/4 cup + 2tsp
1. Take all the spices and keep it aside.. First I’m in the preparation of Caramelized Sugar, It took some time to cool, and we need the ingredients in room temperature.. so here i clearly showed the pictures for caramelizing the sugar.. The reason i sharing the caramelization is atfirst i had lot of doubts in making a perfect caramelized sugar.. Heat a Kadai to good enough hot.. Put the 4 tsp of sugar to the hot Kadai..
2. In the mean time take the 3/4 cup of sugar in a mixer and Add all the spices. and powder this..set aside for later use..
3. Coming to caramelization.. Slowly the sugar starts to melt in the heat Kadai.. I gave 20 seconds gap for each shot.. so don’t low the flame.. Keep melting.. keep melting… In the mean time Heat the water and boil it set aside.
4. Here you go.. It gets melted and and with in few seconds the color will go brown..
5. There the caramelization ends.. Once you saw the melted sugar like this , Add in the Hot boiled water to the caramelized sugar.. the reason of why i use the Hot boiled water here means.. Caramelized Sugar will go crystalized soon, So adding Boiled water Helps to dissolve the sugar easily.
6. Here is the chopped Cherries, Broken cashews, Raisins and Tutti fruity, add all these list to the pan and boil this for 3-4 mins in medium flame. this step helps the cashews and dry fruits to make soft easily.
7. Here All done and switch of the flame.. Drain out the Sugar water Separately.. keep under the fan for few mins to make them cool..
8. Once the Fruit get cooled Dust with some APF/Maida/Flour and set aside.. this Dusting helps the Fruits to sink to the bottom.. Now All done, Take a mixing bowl, Crack open a Egg and beat them well, Once done then crack open the second egg and beat them well..beat till they raise the foam. Start Preheating your oven For 10 mins @ 180 C
9. Here is the Second whipped Egg, Now the third one and beat Like the Same previous step..
10. Add in the Olive oil/Butter/Sunflower Oil, And beat them well.. And Add in the Vanilla Essence and beat them again.
11. Now add the Caramelized sugar Water to the Egg ix and beat them well.. see the Beautiful color after the mix..
12. Now sieve the Maida/APF/Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda to the Egg mix.. And fold gently.. Im repeating Don’t beat the flour Just food very very gently then only you’ll get the super soft moist cake.. Now the dusted Fruits.. Again fold them Gently.
13. Grease the Baking pan with oil/Butter and gently transfer the folded batter to the pan
14. Bake this in Oven For 40-45 mins @ 180C, Once they done, check the cake by poking a tooth pick or kebab stick in to the center of the cake, If the stick comes out clean then all done, if not, bake it for few more mins and make them cool on a wire rack and slice this and serve..
- Make sure All the ingredients are in Room Temperature..
- Grind the spices along with sugar,so that the spices will powder evenly..
- The egg should foam up and raise, This is Trick for fluffy sponge cake..
- If you add the Caramelized water after the batter fold, the cake will be hard, so add it as wise in the procedure..
- Here the Dry fruits and nuts are cooked well so that you’ll get the softness and avoid the step of soaking the fruits and nuts in apple juice for 10-15 days..
- I don’t have orange rind in hands so i skipped in the recipe.. if you had then add two tsp on the folding the fruits with the batter…