Karthigai deepam is one the way, here I’m sharing a easy and tasty kozhukattai.. this is a basic recipe with very less ingredient.. very soft and delicious instant snack..
Here Jess is a big fan of this kozhukattai, but rarely i prepare this.. and this i did a month before. here i get the time to share this easy instant snack.. There is lot and lot of kozhukattai recipes, in our place kozhukattai’s will roll in bay leaf and they steam, that taste too good than any thing.. poorna kozhukattai which is my favorite here i don’t get those leaves to give a try.. one of the Hindu Festival which i enjoy most was this karthigai deepam.. coz all my neighbors serve different different kozhukattai platters.. badly missing those lovely hearts and those yum yum kozhukattai’s too.. okay here you go with recipe..
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Snacks
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 2
|Rice Flour/Idiyappam flour
1. Take the Jaggery in a quad, add in the water and start boil it, just need to dissolve them, if needed strain the jaggery syrup and use, i use the good quality, i didn’t get any dust in it.. add the grated coconuts and mix them well..
2. Add the Rice flour and mix them without clumps..Stir them well without taking hands..
3. Soon they’ll roll out from the pan, add in the ghee and make it warm enough to handle with your hands.. knead them and make lemon sized balls evenly..
4. Just take the balls in your palms and press lightly.. you’ll get the shape.. now in a idli steamer, steam the pedi kozhukattai’s foe few mins.. or till they done.. i steam this batch for 10-12 mins..
- Add the jaggery to your taste bud, here i mention a exact taste.. not much and not less in taste..
- Puttu mavu also suit for this kozhukattai..
Get the Updates Straight To your inbox, Subscribe Now
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)