Vazhakkai Bajji/Banana Bhaji
Vazhakkai Baji/Banana Bhaji is a street food in India, This is a quick snack which can made with in a jiffy.. I love this a lot, to match this a hot cup of coffee or tea is the best..
One of my aunt prepare the banana bhaji in this shape and make us stunt, there we were 5 members to visit her, that too a saturday, she went back to her kitchen to make a cup of tea, with the tea she surprised us with the bhaji..she was telling us, saturday is the day to buy veggies, only one banana i had in the refrigerator.. really i wonder of her idea in making this much small bit sized bhaji, which was much enough of the 5 members.. When ever i think of Banana bhaji, i remember her, with her memories I’m sharing the very simple and humble bhaji which is great pair with a cup of Tea or Coffee..
Vazhakkai Baji/Banana Bhaji
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Tea Time
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 2
1. Take the Raw banana, Peel the skin and Slice them thinly, i slice them like chips shape.. Dip them in water and set aside, In a mixing bowl, take besan flour, Chillie powder, Turmeric powder, hing, Salt, slowly add water to the bowl, the batter should in dosa batter consistency..
2. Mix them without any lumps make the batter, Heat a oil in a kadai, Drop the banana slice to the batter and take out the slice, it should well coated with the batter as shown in the picture, if the batter is thick evenly batter will not spread, if the batter is thin batter will not stick properly ..
3. Drop this in hot oil, flip them and cook completely they done, once all done drain out from the oil and strain in a kitchen towel or in a tissue paper..
- Don’t Avoid Perrungayam/Hing in the bhaji.. Banana and Besan flour are gastric, hing will help in health wise to avoid gastric..
- Keep the flame medium high, for a best crispy bhaji..
- if you put the flame n low, bhaji will take more oil..
- And if the batter is runny add few tsp of besan flour and mix again.. if the batter is too thick then add few tsp of water and mix again..
“Vazhakkai Baji/Banana Bhaji” serve hot with Chutney or dip, i served with Coconut Thogaiyal…
Get the Updates Straight To your inbox, Subscribe Now
(Visited 9 times, 1 visits today)