Chettinad Cuisines had a special flavours in it.. All the Recipes from chettinad had a unique masala and taste, those tasted the real flavors of chettinad recipes will not go for any other choice..
Recent days the climate is not much good, all caught with cold, and we all started skipping the curd and add variety rasam in our diet, this is one of the rasam which i liked most, fully flavoured version, best to gulp for sore throat, this is a good relief too.. Rasam is a kind of soupy curry, comfort curry for all time.. this is best medicine for indigestion problem too.. Here you go with the Best Rasam..
Recipe Cuisine:Indian | Recipe Category: Curry
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook time: 15-20 mins | Serves: 2
||3-4 nos + 2 nos
1. Heat a kadai Dry roast the Jeera, Pepper, Coriander Seeds and Red chilli.. Set them aside to cool, in the same pan add the Peeled garlic and Roughly chopped tomatoes and fry them.. dry roast this content.. no need to add oil..
2. Make them cool and grind it to a Paste..
3. Heat a pan with some oil, temper with mustard, Red chilli, Curry leaves, And add the Grinded paste, Fry this Well
4. Fry till the oil separates, Now add in the Hing/Perrungayam, Turmeric Powder and saute well..
5. Add in the Tamarind water and Bring this to boil in low flame..
6. This is the point, don’t boil the rasam extremely, once you saw the bubbles like this, switch off and add in the Jaggery piece and Chopped Coriander Leaves to it.. Now add the salt and mix well ..
- Adding Salt in the Last step and adding Jaggery in the last stage is the best trick to make a good rasam..
- If you wish to Have more spicy version then add 1/2 tsp of rasam powder along with the Turmeric powder.
- Original recipe suggest to roast the tomato, garlic and Red chilli in Direct flame, i altered to my convenience..
Get the Updates Straight To your inbox, Subscribe Now
(Visited 46 times, 1 visits today)