Chicken Stew/Kerala Chicken Stew
Chicken Stew, Kerala Cuisine.. There is a special taste behind the kerala Cuisines.. Stew is one of my favorite curry, best side dish for idli dosa, Poori, Roti, Idiyappam, Appam..
The flavor from coconut milk and spices blend to make a super yum delicious curry… food which i cook often are taking more time to post here.. this recipe also listed under the same.. This delicious Curry is a Wow match with paalappam, Kalappam, Pathiri too.. How great to dunk the breakfast with this tasty stew.. i can’t explain the taste with words.. but simply super yummy curry, which i ever tried.. Special love for Kerala cuisines, hope this post helps you guys to learn this yummy curry..
Recipe Cuisine:Indian | Recipe Category: Curry/Side Dish
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook time: 20-30 mins | Serves: 2
|Ginger Garlic Paste
|Graham masala/Chicken masala
|Thin coconut milk
|Thick Coconut milk
||3/4 cup – 1 cup
1. Heat a Oil in a kadai, Temper with Mustard, Jeera, Fennel seeds, Cloves, Cinnamon, Cardamon, Bay Leaves, Wait until they pop up.. Add in the Sliced Onion and saute till they turn transparent..
2. Add in the Ginger Garlic Paste, Curry Leaves and fry for few mins, Add in the Cleaned Chicken, mix well..
3. Add in the Green Chillie, Turmeric Powder, Pepper Powder, salt mix well and saute for 3-4 mins.. Add in the thin coconut milk and bring this to boil..
4. Boil it for few mins and wait till the coconut milk reduce.. it take 10-12 mins to cook the chicken and to reduce the coconut milk quantity..
5. Add in the Thick coconut milk and mix well, just keep for 4-5 mins in low flame and remove the pan from flame.. Add in the Coriander Leaves and Cover with a lid for few mins and serve..
- Adding turmeric Powder is Optional.
- Thick coconut milk and Thin coconut milk are essential, Real Taste hide in the Coconut milk..
- Adjust the Spice level by Green chili, Pepper powder.
- Best to serve with Idli, Dosa, Appam, Idiyappam, Roti, Poori..
Get the Updates Straight To your inbox, Subscribe Now
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)