Malli thogayal, Already i had a version of my mom, this is my MIL’s recipe.. typical Sivakasi style of chutney.. in our last christmas vacation i tasted this.. totally I’m addicted to this chutney, i love to mix this chutney with rasam and rice, seriously you can’t imagine the taste and flavours in it..
When i saw a bunch of fresh coriander leaves in MIL Kitchen was surprised, and asked for what you need this much a large quantity leaves, she explain the recipe, after having with rasam and rice, its with spending time over to cook this healthy chutney.. Coriander seeds had lot of health benefits, as well the leaves too..Malli saru is a best medic for cold and flu.. don’t know how many of you are familiar with the terms, soon will post the recipe for malli saru.. Not only for Rasam and rice, I varied this chutney with sambar and rice too, Curd and rice, All combination are heaven to me.. for dosa, idli, Chappati too , you can pair this yum yum, Okay here you go with the recipe, check the notes for tips, don’t forget to subscribe the page, and don’t miss a single post..
Malli Thogayal/Coriander Chutney
Recipe Cuisine:Indian | Recipe Category: Chutney/Dips
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Serves: 4-5
||3 cups Cleaned
||2 tsp + 4-5tsp
||small Gooseberry size
1. Wash and clean the Coriander leaves by removing the roots, wash well in the running water, pat dry in the news paper, Heat a Pan with oil, Add in the Coriander leaves to it.. Fry them well in medium flame, fry till they shrink well.. it take about 5-8 mins..
2. Set the fried leaves aside nd start frying the urad dhal.. no need to deep roast the dhal..
3. Once the Color had midly change add in the coconut and fry them for few mins, add int he garlic pods and red chillies in it..
4. Make the content to cool, Grind them with a piece of tamarind and salt..
5. Grind them finely.. Heat the kadai with oil.. (if you like to temper with mustard and urad dhal do it here) i skipped it.
6. Add the grinded smooth paste to the hot oil, keep the flame to medium low.. allow this to cook for 15 mins, often mix them well for even cook.. in one stage the color will change as shown in the picture and excess oil will ooze out from the chutney… Store in air tight container.. Refrigerate the chutney after use..
- The same procedure suits for Mint leaves too..
- Don’t add urad dhal and coconut much.. they both added to this chutney to remove the exact coriander bitterness.
- If you like to add some mustard and urad dhal in tempering then add it to the hot oil, i prefer a smooth chutney here, so i didn’t added..
- Refrigerate the chutney after use.
- Store in air tight container..
- Use Dry spoon to take out the chutney..
- Adjust the Spice level and tamarind to your taste buds..
Get the Updates Straight To your inbox, Subscribe Now