Onion Vada, This is my mom’s Recipe, she prepare this often in home, Such a easy and jiffy work to serve a tummy filling snacks to kids and family members in a tea time.. also this can be a great treat for a surprise guest too..
Onion’s are common in all home, In my view, if i have 3-4 onions In my onion basket, i start to murmur, immediately i try to fill up the basket.. Onions are a simply a life saver in home, can do a instant chutney or a onion sambar when there is nothing in home.. These crispy vada serve the best pair with a cup of tea, Here i served this vada with coconut chutney.. this is my very long time recipe to post here, after back from this last christmas vacation, i try this immediately, it came out very well.. we all love this dada’s much.. hope this post help you guys to learn about the simple vada.. Here You go.. Do try and let me know your feedback.. Don’t forget to subscribe, and don’t miss the daily updates..
Recipe Cuisine:Indian | Recipe Category: Tea Time/Snacks/Starters
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 4
1. Peel of the onion, Slice them and take the sliced onions in a mixing bowl, chop some garlic and add it to the bowl..
2. Grate the ginger, chop the curry leaves and add it to the bowl, if you have coriander leaves, then chop and add them in this step..
3. Add in the Chopped Green chili and give a good mix use ur hands or use a forks to mix, in this step the onion will separate and the pieces will blend together..
4. Add in some salt, Turmeric powder, Chlli powder..
5. Add in the Hing/Perungayam, and mix them well using the forks..
6. Add in the Besan flour, Maida flour, mix them well.. if needed sprinkle some water and mix the vada mix..
7.Dont add much water, Keep the mix and set aside for 30 mins to marinate.. Heat a pan with oil..
8. Take a spoon full of vada mix and drop them to the hot oil..
9. No need worry for the shape, Onion vada had no shape in it.. Drop more vada’s, adjust the flame from high to medium..
10. Flip and cook both the sides, once both the sides cooked well, slowly raise the flame and make vada’s to crispy..
- Add water if needed..Just sprinkle and mix.
- Deep fry them in Super hot oil, reduce the flame and adjust the flame if needed
- If you wish you add some coriander leaves to the mix.
- Flame adjustment is a must one, if you cook the vada in low flame, vada drinks more oil, if you cook them in medium flame it take more time to cook and will not get a crispy vada.. if you cook in extreme high flame, vada’s make burn soon, inside portion will not not cook.. so make sure, the oil is super hot enough to drop the vada, once you drop the vada, Keep them in medium flame and with 4-5 mins all sides will cooked, then raise the flame to medium-high and turn the dada’s to crispy..