Thalapakattu Biryani, such a flavourful biryani which i ever had.. Thalapakatti and Thalapakattu are different varieties, Thalapakatti is the famous preparation of Dindugal, where they prepare biryani with Jeera samba Rice, and with fresh masa’s and spices..
Thalapakattu Biryani is one of the restaurants we found in chennai, here they prepare biryani with basmathi rice.. and with some variations.. here i tried this recipe with my style.. using the same ingredients.. i just change some methods to my convenience, but the taste had no change in it.. Like hyderabadhi, Mughal preparation, Thalapakattu Biryani had a special way of method.. every time i love to prepare biryani in different method, This time i got the special Thalapakattu Biryani preparation.. This was awesome, wait wait, i have to tell from where i got this recipe.. i got this special recipe from a magazine, And also i prepare this biryani with our garden harvested mint leaves and tomatoes.. so the taste was really great, and the flavours in it was awesome.. Try and let me know how it turned for you.. Don’t forget to subscribe the page, and don’t miss a single post..
Recipe Cuisine:Indian | Recipe Category: Biryani/Rice Bowl
Prep Time: 3-4 hours | Cook time: 45 mins | Serves: 3-4 plates
||1 cup chopped
||1 cup chopped
|Red Chillie Powder
||1 1/2 tsp
1.Wash and clean the chicken pieces, Add Turmeric powder, salt, mix them well and marinate this for 30-45 mins
2. Take all the whole spices and dry roast them in a pan, make them cool and powder the masala and set aside..
3. Take the chicken and add all the spice powders in it, mix them well and again marinate this for 2 hours..
4. Peel the Garlic and Ginger, Grind the Ginger and Garlic with a chilli, mine was ripped green chilli, it looks red in color..
5. Wash and clean the coriander leaves, mint leaves, chop them an get ready.. i got fresh mint leaves form my small kitchen garden..
6. Chop the tomatoes and slice out the onions and set aside..
7. Heat a pan with ghee/oil, i used my pressure pan, to avoid splashing out.. Fry the sliced onions till they turn pink color, Add in the Grinded Ginger Garlic and chilli paste..
8. Add in the powdered spices and fry this for few mins, then add in the chopped tomatoes, cover this with a lid and cook it for 8- 10 mins, stir well in the mid..
9. Cook till the tomatoes get mushed well and separates oil on top, now add in the marinated chicken and add in green chillies.
10. Add a handful of mint and coriander leaves to it Cook the chicken for 10- 15mins in medium flame till the masala’s get blend…. wash and soak the basmati rice for 1o mins, Drain out the water and fry this lightly in a pan..
11. Now Transfer the Chicken masala to the Electric cooker, Add in the Fried rice to the electric cooker..
12. Add in the Water, i used 1:2.5 ratio of water, i.e., for 1 cup rice i use 2.5 cups of water.. add int he mint and coriander leaves, check the salt, cover and cook them.. once done fluff up with a forks..
- Fresh masala, fresh grinded ginger garlic paste enhance more taste..
- Preparing the tomato masala is the main part, if you prepare less masala then the biryani taste will bland.. ‘if the masala is much then the biryani taste will be like tomato bath.. so careful with measurements.. ‘
- If you don’t have electric cooker then use your normal cooker, keep the biryani for 2-3 whistles..