Samai Airis Peas Pulao/Little Millet Peas Pulao
One more Little millet recipe.., Millet awareness is raised in the country like anything.. Millets are good source of fibre, rich in vitamins and very good substitute for regular Rice..Which has very low Starch in it.. So BP patients, Diabetic Patients can have millets without any guilt..
This is a Flavourful, Yummy Delectable Rice bowl, i serve with Egg Roast and Raita.. awesome experience we had on the day.. Trying new recipes with millets is a pleasurable moment.. Already i posted Green Peas pulao, Click here to check the recipe.. i love green peas, always love t store a bowl of fresh green peas in freezer.. its a kind of life saver, instant and quick recipes can prepare with this peas.. this is also one among them, i just altered the Regular basmati here.. all other procedure i followed my green peas pulao recipe.. So here you go.. Dont Forget to subscribe my page and Dont miss a Single post, Do try and Let me know your experience..
Samai Airisi Peas Pulao/Little Millet Peas Pulao
Recipe Cuisine:Indian | Recipe Category:Vegetarian Rice Bowl
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Serves: 2
|Samai Airisi/Little Millet
1. Wash and Soak the Samai Arisi/Little Millet for 15 mins, In the mean time, Grind the garlic, ginger and green chilli, Slice the Onion and set them aside..
2. Heat a Pressure pan with Ghee/Oil Temper with Bay leaf, Cardamon, and Cinnamon, Saute the Sliced onion for few mins till the turn translucent..
3. Add in the Grinded Paste and statue till the raw smell goes away.. add in the Green Peas and Cook for 2-3 mins..
4. Add the soaked Samai rice, Water and Curd with salt, (i used 1:2.5 cups of water i.e., for 1 cup of rice, i used 2.5 cups if water here)
5. Add the Chopped mint and Coriander Leaves , cover the pressure pan and pressure cook this for 2 whistles.. once the pressure released fluff up with a forks and Serve..
- Normal Samai Airisi/Little Millet consumes 3 cups of water for 1 cup of millet, here the millet was soaked and i reduce the water quantity if you miss to soak the millet, then add 3 cups of water to cook..
- If you don’t have fresh green peas, then soak the dried peas for 6 hours or for overnight, and follow th same procedure..
- Adjust the spice in green chilli..
- You can Substitute any other millets too..
- Serve with Raita
“Samai Airisi Peas Pulao with Egg Roast
Get the Updates Straight To your inbox, Subscribe Now
(Visited 16 times, 1 visits today)