Wheat Puttu/Kothumai Puttu, a healthy breakfast, Puttu is a staple food of keralties, this one is a low crab than the Rice flour puttu.. Mom do this often, few times i tried the same too..
Same preparation can be done with Ragi flour, millet flour or any other health mix flour too.. still if you want to reduce the crab here, avoid coconuts.. really a healthy breakfast with no oil.. Are yo looking for a healthy low crab recipe, then perfectly this is the one for you.. In our home Puttu is a favourite breakfast for all.. and this year we are waiting for the summer to relish juicy mangoes with Puttu.. don’t know how many of you tasted mango with puttu.. It’s a divine combo.. Here you go with the Easy peasy healthy breakfast.. Subscribe our page and get daily updates to your mail box.. Do try and let me know how it turned for you..
Wheat Puttu/Kothumai Puttu
Recipe Cuisine:Indian | Recipe Category: Breakfasst
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 2
1. Take Wheat Flour in a pan, dry roast it for few mins, till the nutty smell raise..
2. Make it cool and transfer to a mixing bowl, add salt and sprinkle water.. don’t add too much of water, just sprinkle and wet out the Flour..
3. Break the clumps and make the flour to crumble like texture.. mixture should not dry it should in coarse form..
4. Fill the lower part of pot with water.. and set the steamer on the top.
5. layer a teaspoon of grated coconut, and fill a handful of prepared flour to the steamer..
6.Again layer with the teaspoon of coconut over the flour mix..
7. Again load a handful of flour mix..and follow by the grated coconut..
8. Load till the steamer fills.. and steam it for 15 mins in medium flame.. or steam till the aroma comes out..
- I serve this healthy puttu with Sugar and Banana, If you want a savoury version, then try Kadalai curry.
- If you don’t have a Puttu steamer, then use some other steamer.. fill the flour in a bowl, steam and serve with a perfect combo..