Chocolate Truffle Cake- Guest post by Beulah
A big hello to all the readers of Sujitha Easy Cooking, my name is Beulah Arun and I blog at FullScoops. A short introduction about me, I am dentist by profession but now I am a busy homemaker with two beautiful kids. I started writing my blog for fun and now it’s become a part of me and I’m quite passionate about it! I truly enjoy baking and cooking! What makes blogging more interesting is the number of recipes and blogs that I come across everyday!
I chose to do this chocolate truffle cake for Sujitha, this recipe makes an awesome truffle cake. I halved the original cake to make a smaller cake. Hope you will love this cake.
CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE CAKE
Preparation time 15 mins | Baking time 30 mins | Makes one 8 inch cake
Recipe source – here
- Milk – 1 and 1/4 cup
- Butter – 1/2 cup
- Semisweet chocolate – 4 ounce
- Eggs – 2, small
- Vanilla – 1 tsp
- All purpose flour – 1 cup + 5 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
1. In a large saucepan, cook the milk, butter and chocolate over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat, add the sugar and mix well until it dissolves. Let stand for 10 minutes until cool.
2. Preheat oven to 160° C. Grease and line a 8 inch pan.
3. Once the chocolate mixture is cooled, add the eggs and vanilla beat it in.
4. Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix it all in.(batter will be thin).
3. Transfer to the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
4. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove and cool completely in the rack.
1. The original recipe calls for 3 eggs, since I halved the recipe I have used 2 small eggs. You can also measure and use 1.5 eggs.