Spinach is the most healthy vegetable, Early days when we were kids Popeye is our favourite hero, instantly he gets energy from Spinach he won all the Trouble.. Spinach has more power, each and every Greeny had a special in born Character..
Sirrukeerai in tamil, don’t what they tell in English, its a kind a Amarnathus spinach, This Kootu is a Great pair with Roti’s and Hot steamed Rice, Dhal and This Keerai had a unique taste and flavour, Each Spinach had a Versatile Taste in it.. this is bit different.. For Keerai Kadasal and all this Keerai suits well.. This preparation is similar to my mom keerai Kootu.. Usually for Spinach dishes i won’t add Curry Leaves, Dont know the reason the My mom & MIL says the same and I’m also following.. Here you go with the recipe..
Sirukeerai Kootu/Spinach Curry
Recipe Cuisine:Indian | Recipe Category: Vegetarian Side Dish
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 2
||1/4 cup chopped
Ingredients To Grind
1. Take moong dhal in a vessel, pressure cook, or see what i did, i cooked the dhal in my Earthen Ware..
2. Moong Dhal get cooked, Dont cooked much, it should be like in the picture..
3. Heat a pan Temper Mustard, Urad dhal, Channa Dhal, Red Chillie.. Wait until they pop..
4. Add the Chopped onion and saute till they turn Transulent..
5. Add the chopped Spinach.. Cover and cook this for few mins..
6. Take the ingredients to grind..
7. Grind them in a mixer..
8. Add the cooked Spinach, grounded masala, turmeric, Hing and salt, mix them well..
9. once the masala raw smell goes away, Add the cooked dhal ..
10. Mix well and cook for few min, and in the last stage, add some tomatoes cover and cook till the tomatoes get mushed..
- Can use any spinach in place of Sirukeerai..
- If you want a bit more spicy taste then add 1/2 tsp of sambar powder..
- also you can adjust the spice level in the masala by adding or reducing the green chilli..