Carrot payasam, Delicious filling dessert which is a must need dish in a breezy evening.. This kids friendly recipes carry a bit high calorie since it has more sugar and ghee.. but the one who is searching to feed their kids with good nutritious vegetable and fun filled recipe, here is the Post..
I did this recipe in a bit long shoot.. Now only the time comes to post it.. i love sweets and i had big sweet tooth for these kind of stuffs, but Joe he is so health conscious, he will see the sweet desert, very very poor in tasting sweet stuffs.. he will not leave his favourite goodies.. Thank God Jess is like me, he loves Sweet much.. These Simple Kheer serves a filling tummy , loves the last drop of payasam too.. seriously a finger licking payasam with bright orange color.. happy to see the color too.. without any artificial color Kheer get a bright Orange look.. Try this simple kheer and let me know your experience..
Carrot Semiya Payasam/Carrot Kheer
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Dessert
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 4
Ingredients to Roast
1. Peel the Carrots and Grate them and set aside..
2. Take pan with Ghee, heat them and melt it.. add the grated carrot and saute them for a while..And allow the grated carrots to cook for few mins in medium flame..
3. Add the Semiya, if not roasted, roast them separately and add it the pan, i used MTR Roasted Semiya..
4. Add enough water and cook the Semiya for few mins..
5. Add the milk and cook the Kheer for few more mins, Let the milk reduce the quantity
6. Add Condensed milk/Sugar and allow the content to boil well.. make sure semiya are well cooked, once you add sugar or condensed milk, semiya will take more time to cook.. wise way was add the sweet in the last stage.. and off the flame..
7. Heat a separate pan with ghee, Roast the Raisins and cashew for a min…
8. Add grated coconut and roast them well ..
9. Add the roasted mix to the kheer, mix them well and serve..
- If need more water to cook the Semiya add and cook them, adding milk instead of water improves the taste.
- Don’t have condensed milk, use Sugar instead of Condensed milk.
- Can add some variation like sago, Rice, w/heat Rava, Sooji too.
- Adding coconut milk enhance a very different floor and taste.. if you plan to add coconut milk then add the coconut milk once you off the flame..
- Serve in hot or refrigerate this for few mins and serve as cool desert..